Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday and Bad Weather Expected.

I slept well last night again. I went to bed later...9:00PM..my regular time.  When I go to bed too early, I awake too early too.

I had my usual oatmeal breakfast after I got myself dressed and ready for the day.  Today the rent is due and I have my check written and am ready to pay it. I have been watching the news. The CBS news is off now so I am back to blogging and reading the face book posts.

Today the valances are supposed to be here in the mail. I want to stay here and put them up and hope they stay up. I pressed on the Command hangers just like I was supposed to but I am always a bit suspicious of such easy ways to install rods and hang valances. The mail is usually here by 11:30AM.

I had hoped to go back to Coffeyville for the Home Show at the college gym.  I doubt I will do that unless I do it later this afternoon. I also had planned to go to Joplin tomorrow for the training for Conference delegates. Now I don't know whether to chance it at all. I would hate to be 72 miles away and driving on slick highways.

We are forecast for snow this weekend. If we have it we will probably cancel church again. We have several that come from Neodesha (that's north of Independence) and several who are as old as I am and are hesitant about driving in bad weather. Some people don't use any wisdom in how to drive in bad weather on snowy or icy roads. They still race around like they do when the roads are clear.

More later...

Bob A. just called and came over to pick up his coffee. I got the order yesterday. I showed him my valance in the dining room.  The others are supposed to be here today...any time now. It's after 11:00AM.

More later...

The valances came a little after 11:30AM!  And they were just perfect! I had no problem getting the smaller ones up but that double one in the living room was a bear! After several tries, I got it up though. I am going to be very pleased with just the valances. I am not much on mini blinds (they are hard to keep dusted) but they are what they are and they were free. The valances do dress them up.

Here is the bedroom one...It is a medium brown.


Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

Here is one of the living room valances. These match the dining room valances
Image may contain: people sitting, living room, table and indoor

Here is the second and larger living room valance. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get one up by myself. But I finally did!

Image may contain: indoor


I ate the last of my chicken pot pies for lunch.  Then I had some trail mix for a snack.

I decided not to go to the home show in Coffeyville today. It was too late by the time I finished with the valances. The weather conditions tomorrow will determine whether I go to that conference training session at Joplin tomorrow. If it doesn't start snowing until afternoon, I will go because it starts at 9:00AM and breaks up at noon. I would be back home in the middle of the afternoon.

More even later...

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath and watched the weather channel and 20/20 all evening until 10:00PM then I went on to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am ready for spring.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister Three...me too. I'm afraid it's a ways off though. We still have all of March to go.