Saturday, March 2, 2019

Saturday and a Trip to Joplin

I slept well again last night. I guess the trick is to stay up later....if I can.

I got up close to 5:00AM and dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. I watched the weather carefully. They are forecasting snow late this afternoon and tonight....2 to 4 inches of it.  If that happens, I imagine they will cancel church tomorrow. We have several who come from Neodesha and that is even further north.

I guess I will go on to Joplin for that training meeting. I should get home well before the snow starts. The meeting is over at noon. I may stop at Olive Garden and have lunch afterwards. It depends on the Joplin weather. Joplin is 90 miles further east. I sure don't want to be out on the interstate and  highway while it snows and ices.

Maybe I will check the Joplin weather forecast before I make up my mind for sure.

More later....

The weather was fine in Joplin. The meeting  was o.k. although I think it was kind of a waste of time. Only 17 people showed up out of our delegation.

I got back about 2:30PM and have not yet eaten lunch.  I did stop at Brahms in Coffeyville and get some yogurt.

I will find something to eat for lunch now.

So more even later...

I ate a frozen dinner for my lunch and read most of the afternoon and watched the weather on TV.

On Sunday evening...

I contacted Scott when I saw that Savannah was being threatened with tornadoes in the huge outbreak in Alabama and Georgia.  I asked him about Ashley but he said he had tried to call her and she did not pick up. He says she picks up when she wants to and not if she doesn't want to. That's a heck of a note!

The book I am reading is not much. I may have to order one in from the inner library.  I forget the name of the author I was reading that the library here only had one of his/her books. I may ask nancy since I borrowed one of his/hers earlier.

I watched the tornado outbreak until I was too tired to stay up any longer and took my bath and 7:00PM and went on to bed about 8:15PM.



No comments: