Monday, March 25, 2019

Monday and a Mystery

I slept well last night but it was because I had taken a melatonin tablet and also a Benedryl tablet. I slept until after 6:00AM.

What's the mystery? It's the desktop computer. It shuts down by itself altogether contnually and especailly at night whenI am not using it.and freezes when I try to open a browser. I managed to open the mail this morning after I booted it up but nothing I could do would let me open Firefox. Finally I just came in the dining room and took this laptop in the living room to blog. Cox seems to think the desktop problem is a hardware problem. I don't have a clue. My mail problem will have to be when I need to print something off. The desktop is the only one connected to the printer. I managed to print off the newsletter for Chris and Billie Jo but that was the last time I was able to do that.

Also, it cannot be shut down except to just shut it off and I know that is not good for it. Always something.

I may break down and try to attach this laptop to the printer. This laptop works fine.

I will drive over to Coffeyville this morning to get my hair done. Tomorrow is the trip to Ponca City with the tour.

On Wednesday I take Nancy back to Coffeyville to the doctor...if she wakes up and is not sick. She has been sick, either vomiting or with diarrhea for months.  I have finally convinced her to let me take her to the doctor on Wednesday.  Afterward,we will go to the Lenten luncheon at the First Baptist Church. Then we want to go to the Shelter Insurance Company and see what they would charge for her home and car insurance. Newkirk, Dennis and Buckles are charging her a small fortune. I think Shelter can beat their price.

More later....

Weird! At least temporarily I was able to get back on this desktop computer. I managed to reboot correctly at last and it did some repairs while rebooting. I don't know how long this will last but perhaps I had better use the laptop for most of my work and just use the desktop when I need to print something off.

I will just play it by ear.

I cleaned off the mower this afternoon. It was very dusty after I had used it to mow.  When I hook up the hose the next time I mow, I will wash it off.

I read for awhile this afternoon and then while cleaning the kitchen I came across  the coffeecake I had saved for Nancy.  I took it over to her and stayed and visited until 7:10PM.

Then I came home and took my bath. It is nearly 8:00PM now. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: