Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept fitfully again last night after having talked to Nancy's cousin, Dale.  There's not much I can do about their total disregard for her basic health care. Anyone in their eighties needs to be under the care of a doctor. We never know when a medical emergency will occur and we will need a doctor or to go to the emergency room. I only go to the doctor twice a year myself, Once a year they take my blood and check my thyroid. That is a necessary thing at our age. Also, we need an annual flu shot and a pneumonia shot as well.  That's about the extent of my doctoring. I am basically pretty healthy.

Nancy does have mild dementia but I certainly do not think it's Alzheimer's Disease. My sister died of that and it is much worse then anything Nancy shows. She does have a mild memory loss....don't we all.  We got to the Shelter Insurance Company yesterday and she had forgotten to bring her car and home insurance policies. She wanted to get a quote there because she thought her present company was way too high.  Luckily, Heather was able to look it up online.  She got the quotes. Nancy will compare them and give Heather an answer later today. Her cousin, Dale, says she has a dental appointment in Bartlesville today that he is taking her to today.

Since it's Thursday, I will clean the apartment today.  I had intended to strip my bed but that was way too much activity for one day. I will do that tomorrow.

Right now I will go watch the news. Back later...

I contacted Cox Complete Care about my desktop computer. It was using 100% of it's capacity.  The woman that helped me took all the Apple stuff off of it because it needed that capacity and I didn't use it anyhow. It is working faster now and also my e-mail is downloading everything now and faster.

However, it is 2:00PM now and the only thing I got done all day is the vacuuming. I still need to dust and do the laundry tomorrow.

More later...

 I had got my Worx trimmer and almost never figured out how to put it together. The kids were both too busy to deal with it and I finally figured it out  and even charged the lithium battery. I put it in the garage when I finally got that charged too. When the weather dries up I need to mow again and now I can trim too.

John texted me that if it didn't rain, he had some pasture dirt to bring me for my flowerbed. That will be so good for my flowers when I plant them the last of April. 

 About 4:00PM I took the Journal over to Nancy's. She wanted to read the bio I had been asked to write by the editor and send the Journal. They printed it all. It was just about my early life and a little about our family.  I stayed an hour or so and when the subject came up, I told her about her cousin's call to me last evening.  After we talked for an hour or so, I came on back home and read some more in my latest book from the library. About 6:00PM or so, the Schwan's man came and brought my frozen dinners. After he left, I took my bath and went back to my book until 9:00PM or so when I went to bed.

No comments: