Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday and Nancy's Doctor Appointment

I slept fitfully again last night and woke up several times and finally just got up close to 4:00AM.

My sinus are draining and that plugs up my nose. I took a Benadryl but so far at least, nothing is improved.  I booted up this desktop computer this morning and so far, so good. I never know quite what to expect out of it anymore.

I will fix my oatmeal and my coffee and see if things improve.

At 9:00AM I will call Nancy to be sure she is up. I hope she is not sick to her stomach this morning or having diarrhea.  She has both those symptoms a lot...usually one or the other. If she is well, I will pick her up at 9:30 to take her to Coffeyville to see  Dr. Christensen and see if he can figure out what is wrong. After that, we plan to attend the Lenten luncheon at the First Baptist Church.  And then at 1:30PM, she has an appointment with Heather Hodges, the Shelter Insurance Agent to get a quote. .

The July 24th tour with "Gone for Awhile" tours is the dinner theater at Overland Park. I plan to attend, if possible.

But for now, I'd better get something to eat and some coffee...more later....

I had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai and read until time to go pick up Nancy. She was ready and not sick..for a change. We got to her doctor's appointment in good time and he ordered blood work and a urinalysis and then he had her get another appointment in two weeks.

 Then afterward we drove around Coffeyville to see the places where Bob and I had lived.

Then we went on to the Lenten luncheon at the First Baptist Church. The crowd was not as big as last week but Nancy saw people there she knew and seemed to enjoy it. The food was good. It was pasta this week. The sermon by the Methodist Minister was very good!

Then we went out to Shelter and saw heather and Nancy got a quote from her. She forget her insurance papers but Heather was able to find the information online so she got the quote. She will compare the rate with Newkirk Dennis and Buckles'. Heather will come by Nancy's tomorrow and see if Nancy wants her to write it up. If she does, Heather will want to see her house and check the roof.

On the way out of town we stopped at Brahms for my yogurt. Nancy wanted to come in and have a cup of ice cream. So we did that too. We saw one of the ladies that was on the tour yesterday and we visited with her. Then I took Nancy home and also came on home myself.

I will read the rest of my book and then watch the program I recorded today before I take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed at 9:00PM.

About 9:00PM, last night while I was taking my bath, Nancy's cousin, Dale, called me. His call went to voicemail. He had evidently been talking to Nancy and she told him she and I had been over to Coffeyville for a doctor's appointment. I called him back and he told me he did not want Nancy going to a doctor. He said she had been to 4 different doctors and two of those were in Bartlesville. I told him that Nancy, and anyone in their middle eighties, needed to have a doctor established because we never knew when there would be a medical emergency and have to go to a hospital. Coffeyville is much closer then Parsons, where Melissa is on staff.

He said he was her only local caregiver. Her son, David lives on the East Coast and is seriously ill with Parkinson Disease. I intend to keep Nancy going to my doctor at least twice a year.  She needs the flu shot and the pneumonia shot each year too. Dale is afraid my doctor will want to change her meds and he is dead set against that. She only takes a thyroid pill and a blood pressure pill. She also takes a pill for her memory.  At our age, if we get the flu we could die from it. Nancy's appointment to check out the tests they took yesterday is while I am at Independence, Missouri, at church conference. I was counting on Sandy, the widow of Dale's brother, to take her to that one. Nancy no longer drives out of Caney.

After our conversation, I went on to bed. By then, it was after 9:00PM  There's more to this story then I want to put on my blog but needless to say, I feel very sorry for Nancy. She is my dear friend.

No comments: