Monday, May 6, 2019

Monday and Interrupted Sleep

I would have slept well last night but at midnight the storm woke me up and then at 2:00AM I got an alarm on my phone that said we were under a flash flood warning. I am nowhere near any water here. So that annoyed me. From then on I slept fitfully.

I got up some time after 4:00AM.  I was sure glad I got all three yards mowed yesterday afternoon and last evening. I even used my new trimmer and trimmed everything.  It's not daylight yet so I don't know if the storm damaged my new flowers or not. I will check that out when it gets light outside. I need to get some mulch when I go to Coffeyville on Wednesday for my hair appointment.

Right now I am going to go fix my oatmeal for breakfast and drink my coffee and watch the weather channel on TV.

So more later...

I have checked my flowerbed and nothing appears to have been damaged. I am so glad I got the yard done yesterday. It would be soaked today.

 Image may contain: grass, plant, tree, outdoor and nature
Notice what a neat job the trimmer did in the front yard.

 Image may contain: plant, grass, outdoor and nature
It did a neat job in the back yard too.

Dean e-mailed me yesterday to see if I would be interested in going with him to see Woolaroc down south and west of  Bartlesville. It has been years since I have been there. Bob and I took Ashley when she was in high school. I told him I would be interested in seeing it again. He just needs to tell me when he plans to come. I am scheduled to go to Branson the last weekend of this month with the seniors from the senior center. Also, in June, I may attend the short reunion over at the church's camp grounds. I think it's June 12th through 16th. Outside of that, I have no definite plans. He hasn't been there since he was a child. He would like to see it as an adult.

More later....

I went out awhile ago and pulled the mower out of the garage to empty the clipping bag. When I finished the side yard last night, I was too tired to do it then. So I did it just awhile ago. I dipped the clippings out hand over hand this time. The black bag was in the trash container and too heavy for me to pull out again. The mower clipping bag was about 3/4 full too. That was from the back yard and the side yard. It took me a little while but I wanted to get that done.

Then I swept off the drive and some of the garage. I want to get a blower to keep my garage clean. I could also use it to blow off clippings that get on the sidewalk and drive.  I will check into that at Amazon. I still need to find one of those wire racks you can put your black plastic yard bags over and dump the clippings into it standing up. I don't know what they are called. The clerk at Lowe's looked online but he didn't find anything that answered that description. They may not make them anymore.

I'll check myself.  More later...

I found the "bag buddy" on Amazon and ordered one. It should be here tomorrow with my one day delivery.  While I was at it, I ordered a leaf blower too. It too should be here tomorrow. And are both getting free one day delivery. That will make keeping the garage clean much easier.  I need to get some gas for the mower now. It's getting low in the can. I will need to mow again next week.

More later...

I went up to Casey's and filled that gas can 3/4 full of gas.  Then I got the tool kit and mended the screen so I can leave the door open here in the den without letting in flies or mosquitoes. While I was doing that, Suzanne and her grandson, Scout, came and cut my hedge. I went out and helped them clean up. Suzanne is going to send an air conditioning man out to check my air conditioner now.  Alice has already had hers on but I don't want to turn mine on until it gets hot.  I will be sitting in the house all the time if I do that.

The hedge looks very good. Her grandson is 13 but is a good worker. It is 5:25PM now and is 80 degrees out there.

 Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature
This is the hedge after they finished trimming it.It has a low place in the center but maybe it will fill in eventually. It looks a lot better.

It's almost 5:40 now and I want to watch the news.

More later...

I watched the news and a couple of episodes of Forensic Files before taking my bath and going to bed at 9:00PM. I was very tired!


2 comments:

Sandy Ann said...

What kind of trimmer so you have?

Margie's Musings said...

It is a Worxs! I had a bigger and fancier one when I had my own home but I sold that when I moved into the Coffeyville apartment. The landlady there had a lawn man that took care of the yard. I bought this one from Amazon and it is lighter weight but works just fine. I was delighted with it.