Saturday, June 29, 2019

Saturday and Another Busy Day

I slept really well last night and got up around 5:00AM. I dressed, fed myself and started drinking my coffee before checking the outside.

There I found mama kitty and all five newborns. They went through three bowls of cat food before finally settling down. This may turn out to be a fairly expensive piece of charity. They still scatter when I come out with the cat food bag and mama hisses and spits at me. She is protective of her brood.

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

I never did get around to vacuuming yesterday. I will try to get it done today. I want to make up my potato salad too for tomorrow's cookout after church. I would like to mow this morning while it's only in the 70's but it would probably ruin my hair. I will mull it over and decide. Maybe I could at least get the front done.

I called the police station last night to see when Caney is allowed to start shooting off fireworks.  My neighbors to the south were shooting them off last night at 9:00PM. The dispatcher called me back after checking with the authorities. They are allowed to start on June 28th through July 4th. What a mess! That's way too long for the fourth of July. It's a week. It will be a noisy week.

More later...

It was 75 degrees at 7:00AM and I decided to try to get at least the front finished before it got up into the 90's  today.

Image may contain: tree, grass, outdoor and nature

Here it is! Nice and neat! I will try to get the back and side done after church tomorrow or before 8:00AM on Monday. I have to pick a time when it is a little cooler then the 90's.

I see my new neighbors stayed all night last night. There are two additional vehicles there this morning and they were there yesterday evening too.

More later...

I vacuumed the apartment  before I started my potato salad.

I then got busy and peeled my potatoes and boiled my eggs and got all the ingredients out for my potato salad for tomorrow's cookout after church. I hope to be able to buy a pie at the little Amish store in Tyro tomorrow.  If not, I will just take my potato salad.

Nancy came by while I was doing that. She was very upset. David, her son, is coming tonight and she is afraid he is going to insist on putting her in a nursing home...again.  I sat down and visited with her about it and she after awhile she left. I made up the potato salad and then went over to her house to spend some time with her. We went downtown to Joyce's little store and looked around and finally bought ourselves some huge delicious milk shakes.  They were great! Then I took her home.

I came back to the apartment and read the newspapers and did the crossword puzzle in the Reporter. It is nearly 4:00PM now and I will play some solitaire for awhile until the news comes on.  Then I will watch the news.  I believe I will try to mow the back in the morning before it gets hot and before I get ready for church...probably about 7:00AM again. Then early Monday I will try to mow the side yard in the same time frame I can do it at 72 degrees.I just can't do it at 92 degrees...like it is now.

More later...

I've watched a couple of programs I recorded and have had my bath and now am just playing solitaire again. There's nothing on TV I am interested in except Amazon Prime. I have been watching a science program abut Einstein's discoveries and the physics of light. That is interesting.

I will see if the solitaire will work. I have had a lot of trouble with it freezing the desktop computer. It's an old 2007 computer that Esther gave me when she got a tablet and Keith has worked it over a couple of times. But it still occasionally has issues.

My little solar kitty has been out in the sunshine again,
No photo description available.


In another hour and a half I will go to bed. I was up at 5:00AM this morning and have been busy most of the day.

No comments: