Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday and Storm Warnings

I got up at my usual 5:00AM and it was storming. We were under severe storm warnings all morning...first until 7:15AM and then later at 7:30AM. I decided not to bake my coffeecake since in all probability not many people will be there.

Coffeyville's electricity has been off and on according to Bob. He has put his car in Joanne's garage to protect it in case of hail. I offered to go get him and take him by to pick it up but he didn't want me to do that. He said he wasn't even dressed yet. I told him under storm warnings he should be dressed...just in case. He said I had a point there. Bob said he would try to make it by 10:00AM. I probably will not make coffee since there may not be anyone there to drink it anyhow.

Anyhow, about 8:30AM I am going out to check on the church and then I will text or call Leslie to tell her if we have electricity there.

Karan is to speak today. I hope we have a congregation. Storm warnings are off at 7:30AM according to the weather station. It isn't raining here now. I am 15 miles due west of Coffeyville.

More later...

We had a fair sized congregation even with the weather problems. Karan and Gretchen and Phyllis and I went to "Just Us" for lunch afterward. After I took Phyllis back to the church, I came on back home and did my newsletters. The little girls were disappointed I didn't have the coffeecake. I should have baked it.

I got the newsletters  out. There was only one to go out in the snail mail. It was Chris. Chris hasn't attended for several weeks. I hate that. He was a regular for quite awhile. The other young couple, the Abbots, weren't there either. Gene was however.

The rain has stopped.  Now I will go watch some TV that I have recorded.

More later...
 Image may contain: outdoor

It appears I am now feeding three gray cats.... One mother cat and two small kittens. I knew that little gray cat was gaining weight but I just thought I was fattening her up. Little did I know!

Actually, after the mother cat and the two little kittens went across the street, I saw three or four more small kittens. One of them was yellow but the others were gray like the mother.  Wow!

Well, it appears my new young neighbors are beginning to move in next door. They have several trucks and cars over there with many young people carrying in boxes.  I don't exactly know what to expect. They are expecting a baby in nine weeks...a little girl, they told me.  I don't know how much I will be able to hear. But I imagine I will find out.

Here's another photo of the three that were over here eating.  I managed to get a little closer for this one.
 Image may contain: cat and outdoor

I have had my bath and am ready to go to bed in about an hour. It is 8:00PM now.


1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I accidentally posted a comment about this post on your post from yesterday by mistake.