Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wednesday and a Huge Surprise

I slept well again last night. That's always a good thing for feeling good the next day. I have dressed and had my oatmeal and am having my coffee now.

But I did have a huge surprise this morning. I opened the door to check the cat dish and there was the little gray mother cat and five baby kitties. Four are gray like the mother cat and one is yellow like the large yellow cat that has fed here a couple of times.  Of course, they all ran off when I opened the door. I filled the cat dish and went in the kitchen to fix my  oatmeal and coffee and they all came back to eat. I knew I would scare them off again if I sat in the living room and watched the weather so I came in the den to blog while they eat. How cute! Too bad they can't tolerate me or I would go pet them. It's probably just as well. I would have to leave them outside anyhow.

I will go over to Coffeyville and have breakfast with Bob this morning at Eggberts. He asked me about it a couple of days ago. I have a 9:00AM hair appointment, I want to drop by the bank and also go out to Walmart while I am there. Bob is ready to be picked up so I will get back to this later.

I got Bob picked up about 7:00AM and we had breakfast. After I took him back home, I went to Walmart to get the few things I needed.  Then I got to my hair appointment and got my hair done. Then I stopped at the bank and then came on back home. I refilled the cat dish...again. Then I unloaded my groceries and put them away and went to the post office for stamps. I went to the car wash and washed my car. Every week I try to wash it and keep it clean.

After that I came on back home. I will eat a little something for my lunch The breakfast really filled me up.

I hope Brad comes this afternoon and puts in the new breakers.

It's after 2:00PM now and Brad has not come so I imagine he will come tomorrow.

I watched the program Dateline that I had recorded this morning while I was gone.

I haven't seen anything of any of the cats or kittens this afternoon. I did go to the post office and buy stamps. But there was no sign of them when I got home.

More later...

They evidently came while I was online. The bowl was empty again. Now I am going to go watch the news.


I put some more cat food out and covered the dish and soon the yellow male cat came and ate from my dish too. I assume he is the father of those five kittens since one of them is yellow like he is. 

So, more even later...

Brad Sanders, the electrician, called this evening to tell me when he wanted to come tomorrow to put the new breaker in the breaker box.. Unfortunately, I did not have his number listed and I deleted and blocked his call. Luckily, he left a message. I had blocked his call so now I had to unblock it. I called and left him a message. He is probably at church this evening.

I have had my bath now and am ready to go on to bed. It is after 9:00PM.

4 comments:

pat m said...

Feral cats reproduce quickly....as cruel as it might seem best to call animal shelter.

Margie's Musings said...

I just can't do that, Pat. One of the other neighbors will have to do that. There is no animal shelter in Caney anyhow. It would be a death sentence.

Galla Creek said...

You love cats, Margie.
Keep feeding them. I can tell
It gives you joy.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it does, Sister-Three. I don't mind feeding them at all.