Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday and Still Feeling a Little Weak.

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I still don't feel as well as usual but not as bad as yesterday. I don't know whether it's the high blood pressure or the medication. I went ahead and took the water pill again this morning. After awhile, I may drive over to Coffeyville and  check in with the CRMC clinic on highway 166. I will give it awhile and see how I feel. The clinic doesn't open until 9:00AM anyhow.

It could even be my allergies. I have been sneezing my head off for days.

I am up and dressed and have had my breakfast and fed the cats. They were waiting for me to come fill their dish this morning. Mama cat is still pretty hostile. I would not approach her. She hisses, spits and growls at me. She wants the food but doesn't want me to mess with her. I don't blame her. She's wild. Lord only knows how she's made it this long. She was skin and bones in February when I began feeding her. She looks a lot better now and, of course, she's had that large litter of kitties.

More later.....

I mowed the front yard at 8:00AM this morning when it was 74 degrees out there and then got myself around and did go over to the 11th Street clinic at Coffeyville. They took my blood pressure and it was 120/60. She checked my charts and saw that I had only had a high blood pressure one other time. I went back out to Walmart and checked with their machine two times. Walmart had 149/90 both times. I stopped by the clinic and told them about that and they said they had no idea how often Walmart's machines were calibrated. Obviously, not often enough. She told me to put away that water pill and get back on my regular blood pressure pill tomorrow morning.

 Image may contain: tree, grass, outdoor and nature

Here's the front yard all finished.

When I got home I warmed up the rest of that turkey and noodles that Suzanne had brought me. That's all of that now. It was really good! I also had some more of that yellow watermelon later.

I may vacuum this afternoon and wash the bare floors. Tomorrow I will strip my bed and wash my sheets. I feel fine now.

More later...

I just went out to the Dollar General store to get some more Lipton peach tea. I used the last of what I had this afternoon. Wouldn't you know, I just got out of the garage and it began pouring down rain. Thank goodness I got the front yard mowed this morning. I don't know when I will get the back yard  and the west side done too. They need it but not as bad as the front did. It had been mowed a day earlier.  If I can get them done Monday or Tuesday I will be lucky.

More even later...I am going to get the floors washed and maybe the vacuuming too..

I did get the floors washed and vacuumed the bedroom, the hall and the living room. I will do the dining room and den later..perhaps tomorrow.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and get ready for bed. I won't go to bed until 9:00PM though.



4 comments:

marlu said...

I do hope you are feeling better! Side effects are so common that it makes one wonder about what good could that RX do? (A very awkward sentence.)

Margie's Musings said...

True, Marlu. I went over to the clinic this morning and they took my blood pressure. It was 120/60. Right after that I went back out to Walmart and sat in their chair and took it twice. They had it at 149/90....completely different both times. I went back to the clinic and told them about that. They said they had no idea how many times or how often their machine had been calibrated at Walmart.

I did buy a blood pressure cuff there so I can take my blood pressure at home.

The PA there at the clinic told me not to take any more of that water pill and go back to taking my regular blood pressure pill in the morning. She checked my record and said I had only had a high blood pressure one other time in all of my records.

marlu said...

Those machines can vary - and so can one's blood pressure! In EMT class a doctor told us just take it once a day, if you must, and figure an average. So, I guess our BP can vary just like the machines.

Margie's Musings said...

Evidently!