Monday, July 1, 2019

Monday and A Birthday Party

Today is my daughter's birthday and this evening I will go out to their home and attend a birthday celebration for her. Family and a few friends will be there. I will take brownies. She is making homemade ice cream again. She made it yesterday for the church cookout. As usual, it was very good.

This morning, after the grass dries a bit, around 7:30AM or so, I will mow my back yard. I just stepped out and checked it and it is still pretty wet. It is just a little after 7:00AM now. I have to mow while it's only 72 degrees. It's supposed to be in the 90s today and all week.

I slept well last night although I woke up several times. I got back to sleep each time until my usual 5:00AM.

I have done my laundry along with the dish towels I brought home from church yesterday afternoon. The dryer has stopped now so maybe I had better get everything folded before wrinkles set in.

More later...

I got the laundry folded and put away and checked the grass again. It is 7:30AM and still the grass is  pretty wet and it's only 73 degrees so I will wait awhile to mow. Maybe by 8:00AM it will be dryer and still not too hot.

Later today, I will bake my brownies for the celebration this evening. .

About 8:15AM or so I went out and mowed the back yard. It wasn't getting any drier and it was getting hotter. It was then or never.

 Image may contain: grass, plant, outdoor and nature

Then I started on the west side. I got about two thirds finished before I played out.

Image may contain: grass, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

I will finish it early tomorrow morning.

More later....

Nancy came by and wanted to go to breakfast so we went out to Eggberts and had an omelet. It was very good and will be my lunch (brunch).  We had a nice visit and she later brought me home.

I am getting ready to bake my brownies for Leslie's party this evening. I tried on my bathing suit and it is a tragedy but I will take it. I have never worn it after I bought it years ago. There's nothing yuckier looking then an old body in a swim suit.

I got the brownies mixed up and in the oven and realized I had forgotten to give Nancy her cherry pie. I called her and she came right back over and picked it up. I would have taken it to her but I had those brownies in the oven. She was happy to come get it.

I got the brownies finished and the dish wrapped in saran. It's only 2:10PM right now so I have plenty of time until 6:00PM when the party is scheduled to start. I had some trail mix for lunch. The fiber should be good for me.

More even later..

Marilyn texted me this afternoon that Wayne Bishop had died on Saturday and his funeral is Wednesday at 2:00PM. I will pick Marilyn up at 1:30 PM and we will go to the services together. I was so glad we celebrated his 99th birthday with the folks from the fourplex in May. 

I got out to John and Leslie's a little after 6:00PM. I left in plenty of time but ran into serious road construction on my way there on 75 highway. I should have taken 166 highway but Melissa was so sure on Sunday that 75highway was clear that I took her word for it. She was wrong.

Anyhow we had a fine dinner of steak, salad, potato salad and brownies with homemade ice cream for dessert. Between the two big dinners...one Sunday and then again last night, I gained two pounds.

We had a lot of fun playing with their dogs. Octavia, their blue heeler, loves to play ball. John can throw that ball way up in the air and she will catch it in her mouth.   

I got home after 9:30PM. I took my bath and went straight to bed.

I must mow tomorrow morning to get my west side finished before the rain we have forecast  for this afternoon. I will wait until 8:00AM again.

4 comments:

Kim said...

happy birthday to your daughter! wishing her all the best :)

Margie's Musings said...

I will tell her, Kim! Thank you for your birthday wish.

Galla Creek said...

The yard looks great.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister-Three!