Saturday, July 6, 2019

Saturday and Laundry

I slept well again last night and got up around 5:00AM. I have had my oatmeal and fed the cats...all of them. It has taken three bowls now. Of course, the bowl is small. I began by thinking I was only feeding one cat. Now I have a bunch!!

I have had my oatmeal and finally, I stripped my bed and am washing and drying my sheets and towels this morning. They are in the dryer now.  I feel pretty good today. Better then yesterday and much better then Thursday.

We are forecast for rain today.  I would like to get the back yard mowed this morning but after all that rain yesterday afternoon, it is very wet. So that probably won't happen. Also, the wind blew all kinds of leaves from the trees on the property and they have ruined the looks of my front yard.

I am still wondering if I will go to the campgrounds tomorrow. If it rains again, I don't want to get out on the road...especially the interstate. I hate driving around all those huge semis....it's even worse in the rain. They tend to hog the road. Once you've been hit by one like I was back in the late 90's, you are leery of them from then on. The one that hit me didn't even know he had hit me..even though he strung the drivers side parts of my car all over the intersection.  He missed my left foot by inches. I had to run after him, yelling at him, to get him to even stop. I will never forget that hair raising experience.  It made me semi shy from then on.

I don't have a plan for today except to re-make my bed and put the towels away.

More later...I looked out this morning and saw leaves all over my freshly mowed front yard.
Image may contain: grass and outdoor

So I raked them into piles and put them in my mower bag buddy.

This is what it looked like after I got that mess cleaned up.

Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature

 I can see now that in the fall, I will have my hands full. Well I raked and bagged over at Coffeyville and I guess I can do it here. It would be good exercise anyhow.

The laundry is finished and the bed is re-made. I only need to get the towels out of the dryer. So, more later...

This is the guilty tree! :)

Image may contain: tree, house, sky and outdoor

I got the towels put away. I guess everything is shipshape now.

I went to Bartlesville this afternoon and went to their Walmart store and bought some new beige towels. The ones I have are falling apart. I don't know why. They were only bought in 1981. Then I walked around the mall and bought a birthday card for my older son, Keith.  His birthday is August 3rd.

When I got home I decided to eat lunch here.  It's 2:10PM and I had better get to it or it will be supper.

I just finished my lunch. It was Schwans turkey pot pie...very good! I am having a glass of peach tea with it. I had an ice cream bar this morning so maybe I had better not have another.

I went over across the street and picked up all the debris from that child's fourth of July celebration. It was two grocery sacks full. When my grandchildren stayed with me and they set off fireworks, I insisted they clean up their mess afterward. I guess some people don't require anything of their kids anymore. This is the family with the garage door hanging askew and no back door at all.

I know, I know. I am an old grouch. Personally, I think it's good for kids to take some responsibility. My kids were excellent about it. We had a chart on the refrigerator door and I was included on it. We all had rotating chores to do and we all did them. If one of my kids didn't want to do one of his/her chores, they could pay their brother/sister to do that one for them. It worked for us and all my kids are well organized to this day. I know...I am spoiled! My son-in-law told me that.

This is my daughter-in-law, Ginger, with their cute little cowboy corgi, Sarge, on vacation.  Sarge is three months old.

Image may contain: Ginger McGuire Miller, smiling, standing, dog, outdoor, nature and water

I didn't know when I would get my backyard mowed since it's supposed to rain tonight. So I just bit the bullet and went out and mowed it. Now all I lack is the west side yard.


Image may contain: house, grass, outdoor and nature

It's almost 5:30PM so I have another hour and a half before I take my bath. I will drink some water though.

More a little later...

I took my bath a little early  but did make it to nearly 9:00PM to go to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your neighbors looks really clean and trim.

Margie's Musings said...

The entire east side of the tree is yellow...and leaves are falling from that side. We had a good wind and the wind blew the leaves on his yard but also on mine.