Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday and Dog Sitting

I slept fairly well last night. It was after 5:00AM when I finally woke up. I had a little trouble getting to sleep but slept well when I finally did.

I have packed everything for going out to John and Leslie's to dog sit for the weekend..I am so glad to do that. It is something I can do for them after they do so much for me. All three of my kids do. They are so good to me in my old age.

I will go out there there I go to the post office at 8:00AM. I have a book to send to Dean. He likes those special books about Coffeyville. The Coffeyville Journal put them together long ago. At one time, I had all of them but over the years I have lost a couple. When I was cleaning yesterday, I discovered I had two of "Coffeyville's Legacy" and offered one of them to him. He was delighted! He had found one in a second hand shop last spring when he was here. Now he will have two of them. I will keep my eyes open for more of them. I sometimes rummage through the second hand shops at Coffeyville to kill time between appointments on Wednesdays.

The cat and her kittens have been here already this morning. They cleaned out the food bowl earlier and were waiting for me to refill it. Usually only two of her kittens come with her. I don't know what happened to the other three.  They will have a hungry weekend since I will be out at John and Leslie's for the weekend.

It looks like they may have taken the rain out of the forecast until Sunday now. 

I am reading a library book I got Wednesday at Coffeyville.  It is called "The Longevity Paradox", It is written by a doctor who professes to teach us "How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age." His name is Steven Gundry. I am reading it but don't know if I can follow his advice. Still I will read his book this weekend. You never know.

More later. I still have to pack up the laptop computer.

I have packed everything and am heading to the post office and will leave from there to go to the kids'.

I got here and the dogs all came to greet me. Mini and Raven were out too and I sat out with all of them for a long while. I visited with Ginger, my daughter-in-law for awhile on the phone. This is her day off. Then I came in and Raven wanted back in too. I texted Leslie for awhile as they were going through Topeka. Leslie told me it was a 9 1/2 hour drive up there.

Soon Mini wanted back in too. So now both Mini and Raven are in. Octavia was in the garden shed. she came out to greet me when I brought Mini in. I don't see Hoover right now. At least I know he is out there somewhere.

I think I will make a sandwich out of that shaved turkey Leslie said she had bought.  It's lunch time for me.  I ate my oatmeal very early this morning.

That's what I had for lunch. I fed half my sandwich to Mini and Raven. They begged and I couldn't resist.

Halfway through the afternoon I went upstairs and found Hoover had sneaked in with the house dogs and gone upstairs to the office to sleep.  I tried my best to get him to come downstairs so I finally got the treats and coaxed him downstairs with them. He was not interested in going outside even though it was very nice and cool. He is not housebroken through so I had to get him downstairs and out. Even after 45 minutes of coaxing him with treats, he still did not want to go outside. I finally put a leash on him and pulled him out the back door. I wasn't sure if he would bite me or not but I knew he had to go outside.

I watched TV later..PBS had a special on and I can no longer get PBS on my TV at home. So I watched that until bedtime. I went to take a bath and discovered I no longer had hot water. (I later learned I had been trying to get hot water out of the cold faucet) So I took a cold sponge bath. Then I let the dogs out one more time and went to bed.


No comments: