Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday and a Quiet Day

I slept well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM and dressed and had my oatmeal, coffee and Chai and then began reading.

About 10:15AM or so, I went out to the restaurant and had "brunch". My eyes were bigger then my stomach and so I brought some of it home with me. I will eat it later. It is chicken salad. I ate the muffin and the fruit and part of the chicken salad.

Yesterday I texted the mother of my mower and asked if they could mow this evening instead last evening. It was terribly hot last evening. 94 degrees but the heat index was 104 degrees. They chose to try to mow tomorrow evening... which is fine. I only hope it doesn't rain before she can get it done. Her mother said it was supposed to be cooler tomorrow evening.  I texted Suzanne about the change and she asked me to text the mower's mom and ask them to mow next door too. Suzanne told me that the kids next door have bought a house and will be moving into it September 1st. That's probably a good idea. They don't want to mow weekly and in their own home, they won't have to.

Suzanne's sister, Judy, who is 80 years old, had a wreck this week in her car and totaled it. She was unconscious and is confused too now. Suzanne is staying with her for awhile and taking her to  the hospital in Bartlesville for tests tomorrow to try to find out what is the matter.   Judy lives in Bartlesville. I thought she might have had a TIA.

I am doing my semi weekly laundry today. It's mostly towels and underwear.

Tomorrow I will go back to Coffeyville, I may eat breakfast with Bob, go to the bank and to my hair appointment at 9:30AM and then at 11:15AM I will go to my doctor's appointment. I am to have my blood work done tomorrow. Then  later at 2:00PM I will go to play Bunco at Asbury Village. I will come home afterward to help the 15 year old girl yard mower to stay hydrated as she mows.

I may go to the library there too after I go to the doctor's appointment.... to kill some time. They have a lot more selection there then here at Caney's library. And the Caney library is only open part days. Monday, Wednesday and Friday they are open noon until 6:00PM. Tuesday they are open noon until 7:00PM and Thursday they are open 8:00AM until 1:00PM. Saturday they are open 8:00AM until 2:00PM. Very confusing!! And yesterday I renewed my library card at Coffeyville. It is good for all of Montgomery County.

Thursday I will clean house again. Nancy and I may go to lunch if she is doing better. This week she has had an upset stomach again.

I just folded out my laundry when it was dry. I put all but the towels away. I will hang them in the bathroom later.

I only got the Reporter and some advertisements in the mail. I threw away the advertisements. I did the crossword puzzle in the Reporter. Then I put the Reporter in the trunk of my car to give to Karan to take to the Coffeyville kennels.

I read Ron Dawbarn's book all afternoon and finally finished it. It was very interesting. It was too hot to even be outside. The only thing I did outside was to deadhead the flowers in the flowerbed and water it.

Keith called on his way home from his work and we had a nice visit. I really appreciate the way he stays in touch.

In the meanwhile I called the Anderson's to see if they had Karen's cell number and they did. Patty gave to to me and I tried to call Karen. She evidently did not have her phone with her and was working out in the yard. I called Nancy back and told her I had found Karen's cell phone number. Then after I quit talking to Nancy, I called Karen again and this time she picked up. I told her about the duplex next door that will be empty the first of the month but she has three pieces of property to dispose of before she can rent this duplex. It may be a year before she could do that. But she is interested. Surely it will be empty again by then.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and at 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

No comments: