Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday and Church

As you know by now, the problems yesterday were all me.

I slept off and on last night. Finally about 3:30AM, I took some melatonin. That seemed to
be the only answer. It worked! Strange bed...and Mini sleeps with me. I am not used to that since Missy has been gone.

I have re-packed and am ready to leave when the daylight comes. I have eaten and shared my oatmeal with the dogs. They seem to expect me to share my meals. :) And they seem to know I will be leaving and are kind of clingy. My overnight bag is re-packed and setting out here in the kitchen.

It is trying to rain. I hate that. I will have to drive in the rain to get to church and take a chance on the possibility of hail. It is in the forecast here...at least a possibility. The rain, I can handle in daylight. Hail is something else. I had one car, back in the 90's, badly damaged by hail. This car has to last me the rest of my life. I no longer have the resources to buy another.

When it gets to be daylight, I will leave for home or church. It is only 6:25AM here now.The sun is supposed to rise at 6:47AM...according to Alexia. If it is light enough, ( and the rain could prevent daylight showing and might prevent me from leaving then). If it is light enough, I could go home and leave my bags. I usually leave for church from home at 8:30AM. That gives me time to spruce up the church before the church school class starts. Bob is usually there by then too and starts the coffee. I will not have coffeecake today. Leslie and John are in South Dakota and the little girls will not be there.  I would have much of it left over. I doubt Johnna and Kim will be there either. They intend to move their membership to Pittsburg when Johnna gets the houses sold. Since she lost both her parents, she has lost her ties to our congregation and her other daughter goes to Pittsburg congregation.

It is 6:48AM here now and it is pitch black. I won't leave until it gets light out.

I put Raven out on the front porch and gave her a treat for going willingly. Then I tried to get Mini to go out and she would not. I took her through the house to get her out on the back porch. But she would not leave the garage. I finally just brought in food and water and left her in there. She immediately went to the air conditioning vent and lay down. I did not give her a treat because she would not mind me.

More later...

I left at 7:30AM and went home to unpack and feed the cat and her kittens. Then I went over to the church and met Bob and we cleaned up the dead bugs. He had sprayed for them. We are in the country and somehow they always get in. We had a very small congregation. Half of it was gone. It might have been the rain. Who knows!

After church Phyllis and I went over to "Just Us" for lunch.  Bob went home and Karan had company for the weekend and was going to attend some doings at the Brown Mansion. 

I spent the afternoon working on the newsletters. I had five hard copies to send. Then I watched 60 Minutes. After that was over I checked the temperature and it was 72 degrees out there and my front yard didn't even look like it had been mowed...thanks to the rain.  So I went out and mowed it. It's the one I have to look at. I will pay Nulonne $20.00 to do the side and the back this week. Or if it doesn't rain again I may do the back tomorrow myself and pay her $10.00 to do the west side.

It is 7:35PM now and I will take my bath and watch a program Leslie recommended on Netflix. I get a 30 day free trial on Netflix and I watched the first episode. I wasn't particularly impressed.  I may watch one more episode before cancelling. I looked over what Netflix offered and wasn't really interested in anything they were offering. Lots of violence and strange offerings. Nothing that interested me.

I got to bed about 10:00PM


No comments: