Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wednesday and Breakfast Out

I slept very well last night and didn't have to take anything to do that. I woke up at 5:30AM or so.  I will have breakfast with Bob this morning and then run all my errands.

I will need to go to the bank and my hair appointment is at 10:00AM but I usually go a little early and she usually gets me in early when I do that. My watch quit working yesterday and I need to see about that. The battery is not all that old and the jeweler put that one in.  I may have to buy another watch or see if one of my older ones can be resuscitated with a new battery. I will check with Cantrell's about that. Otherwise, I will order another one like I have. It was cheap and has a large face with numbers instead of dashes. The woman at Walmart told me she thought the watch had come into a magnetic field and it killed the battery.

Then I need to return the book at the library there too. I will perhaps have lunch there somewhere if I am hungry. I also need to stop by Country Mart and buy oleo and a treat for game day. Game day begins at 1:00PM and goes until 3:00PM or so. It will be an entire day's activities. But I usually enjoy it.

Then the mower will come tonight. I will not pay her the entire $25.00 since I have done some of the mowing myself. I did the front Sunday evening and two thirds of the west side yesterday evening. I will probably give her $15.00. We will see what the front looks like this evening. She may re-mow that and if she does I will pay her the whole $25.00.

I went to the library and returned my book and checked out another. It is the newest John Gresham book. It is hard to put down. I have a hard time putting any of his down.

Then I went on to game day and had a good time!

More later...

I did pay the mower the entire $25.00 because she re-mowed the front and finished the west side as well as the back. Her stepdad trimmed too. I will resume mowing in September. I will try to mow on Tuesday evenings because I get my hair done on Wednesdays. That will work out well for me.

I had a new battery put in my watch again. That was an additional $10.00 I had not planned on. I don't get my social security until the 11th in September. But I had Mr. Cantrell put the battery in anyhow. I can't get by without a watch.

Some newer photos of my daughter-in-law and son's new home just going up closer to being finished..They are supposed to be moved in in October.

 Image may contain: table and indoor


After the mower left, I took my bath and put my pajamas on and I will read until 9:00PM this evening and then go on to bed. It has been a big day!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

The house is wonderful.