Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursday and a Trip to Chanute

I slept well last night and got up early, as usual, this morning. I stripped the bed and did a load of laundry and dried it and then remade the bed.

I contacted Gay and told her about the rain we are expecting tonight and tomorrow and we changed my trip to Chanute to today. I left here at 9:30AM and went over to the highway by way of the Kopco road. The highway 75 was blocked and holding up traffic. Then I took the Tyro road to 75 highway. I looked to see if John was home working on the kennel but I didn't see him. I was going to return the gate opener, their keys and the garage door opener. I didn't leave them in the garden shed last weekend because it was raining when I left their house.

I got to Chanute with a half hour to spare so I ordered some iced tea and took my book in to read while I waited for them.  It was John Grisham's latest book "The Reckoning". I simply couldn't put it down.

Adele also met me with Gay at Chanute and the three of us had lunch.  Adele is Gay's younger sister. We had a good lunch at Opie's and then looked around in a second hand store next door to Opies.

Gay needed to get back home to mow before the rains come in later this afternoon. So Adele left first after giving me a hug and then Gay left.  I started back home about 1:30PM or so and took highway 400 to just north of Independence. I wanted to stop at their Dairy Queen in Independence and get my Friday blizzard a day early. I took the book in there too and read while I ate the blizzard.

 I called Leslie afterward and stopped by her office to leave those things I was going to leave with John.

I finished it about 6:30PM this evening.  About 7:00PM, I will take my bath and watch the news. At 9:00PM or so, I will go on to bed.

I will do my Thursday house cleaning on Friday this week.

No comments: