Sunday, September 1, 2019

A Busy Sunday

I slept well until around 4:00AM. I woke up needing to go to the bathroom and my shoulder hurt.  I got back to bed and the shoulder still hurt so I got back up and took two Aleve. By then I was too woke up so I just got up. I have a big day ahead.

I am speaking at church but first I will bake my coffeecake and go over my remarks again. I am not happy with them but the theme for today is too nondescript to improve on. What all can you say about "Called to Mindfulness"? There isn't a lot.

It's 4:45AM now and I will go make my bed and put my clothes on. So more later...

O.K. I am all ready now, and it's 6:35AM and I am drinking my Chai and just finished putting the coffeecake in the oven. It still has 33 minutes to bake so I thought I would get back to this.  After it's finished and cooled I will ice it. I baked my cake for the First Christian Church yesterday and will take it to church and put it in the freezer. Bob can pick it up there on Tuesday when he delivers them.

Leslie told us Raven is in labor and has been since 4:00AM and still doesn't have any puppies and her water hasn't broken yet. It is 2:45PM now and I am concerned. poor thing! 

The talk at church went alright. Afterward Bob and I and Phyllis went to Just Us for lunch in Cherryvale and they were packed!  Bob drove and when he took us back to church to pick up our cars I drove on back home. I have been working on my newsletters ever since.

More later...

I have them out on the mailbox even though the mail won't run tomorrow. It is Labor Day! It will be Tuesday before they get picked up.. I hope to mow on Tuesday since I get my hair done on Wednesday.

Keith called this evening to tell me they are doing some painting at their house this weekend. And they want to get their guest room outfitted with laminated floors when they get back from their trip to Europe. 

Suzanne and I went out to Sonic and got a cherry limeade and talked for an hour. I will help her clean the apartment next door this next week.  That's a logical time. I told Suzanne that Wednesday was the only day I would be unavailable next week to help her clean.  That's my "breakfast with Bob" morning, my hair day, the library day there in Coffeyville and Bunco at the senior center on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00PM. Then sometimes I  go buy what little groceries I need that are not perishable. And I will stop by Brahms Dairy Store and buy my milk. I will be out by then. I might buy a quart at Dollar General to get me over the holiday.

More later...

John and Leslie both texted me that Raven is having her puppies at last. At first, after several hours of labor, there were just two. But just now, at 8:20PM, she had another to make three.  I am quite sure she will have more later on tonight. John says the kennel is not quite finished yet so she will have hers there in the wading pool bed in their walk-in closet.

Image may contain: dog

It's 8:30PM now and I plan to go to bed  at 9:00PM. So, more later...

Before I went to bed at 9:00PM there were four puppies altogether.



2 comments:

Kay said...

It sounds like a very busy, happy day!

Margie's Musings said...

Good day! Much fun!