Monday, September 23, 2019

Monday and a Chance to Mow

I woke up early this morning again but couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I had my sleep out and just got up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and made up my face and then fixed my oatmeal and coffee. I have had my coffee and now am working on my chai.I also fed one of the little kittens who was waiting for the bowl to be filled.

I hope to be able to mow today after the dew dries up. I would like to get the back done and perhaps even the west side. It's supposed to rain all week...except perhaps today. My neighbor never got his back yard mowed last week. I even offered him my mower since he couldn't get his dad's rider in the gate. He said when he got home from work, he was too tired to mow. I reminded him that it was in his contract. They were gone all day yesterday. Of course, it rained off and on all day yesterday too.

I reminded Nancy yesterday that we needed to go to Independence today and get her car registration done. I think it was due in August so she is already late. She wasn't feeling good and once again said she was going to go see Sylvia's daughter who is a nurse practitioner but I have heard that story before..many times. I think she is in denial about what is ailing her. She said she would call me this week when she was feeling better and we would go. I told her any day but Wednesday. I have my hair appointment on Wednesday in Coffeyville.

More later...

This is my younger son, Scott, and his kids, Ashley and Jerod.
 Image may contain: Scott R Miller, Ashley Nicole and Jerod Reese Miller, people smiling, people standing, shoes and outdoor
 He got to see his new granddaughter, Delilah Grace too.

More later...

I called Nancy and she was feeling somewhat better but didn't mention the car registration. Neither did I. I have tried everything to try to help her but evidently she does not want to deal with it. She only drives in Caney but it will only take just one traffic check with an outdated tag sticker to get her a ticket and a fine.

About 10:30AM or so I went out to Eggberts and had their senior special...a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, a roll and fruit. I had taken my sweet and sour chicken back with me after we left Great China when I couldn't eat it all but it sat in the hot car for two and a half hours and I had to throw it away. That was chicken and could have gone bad in that heat. I sure don't need to get sick.

About 11:15 AM, I checked the temperature and it was 72 degrees. So I got the mower out and mowed the back yard. By then I was exhausted and hot so I couldn't mow the west side. Maybe later in the week or later this evening I can get it done. The humidity was terrible although the temperature was not bad. And it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. Tonight may be my only chance.

At least about 2:45PM, I got the trimming done. That's one job finished. It's 84 degrees now and time to stay indoors.  I have been reading my second Grisham book and it is slow going so far.

It was 75 degrees around 7:00PM so I went back out and mowed the west side yard. It's all done now for another week and I can sure tell it. I just took my bath and am cooled off now.  I should sleep well tonight. I will watch "Bull" at 9:00PM and then go to bed after that.

No comments: