Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wednesday and Another Busy Day

I slept well last night although I woke up a couple of times. I managed to get back to sleep until 5:00AM or so. A loud noise woke me up then. I never did figure out what it was. It seemed to come from the attic although it may have been from the adjoining apartment.

I texted Bob this morning and he was up. We will meet for breakfast at 7:00AM. I will leave here about 6:30AM to pick him up at his apartment. After that, I will go to the bank and get my week's cash. I have my hair appointment at 9:30AM or so. After that I will go by the library and leave my two books and try to find two more I haven't read.  I would like to get a pedicure but I may not have time.

I will need to pick up a snack at the Country Mart for the game day at the senior center later at 1:00PM. I may just get some Crunch and Munch. That would be different.

More later....

I met Bob for breakfast at 7:00AM at his place and we went to Eggberts and had our breakfast. Afterward I took him home and went out to Woodshed to fill up my gas tank. Then I stopped at the library and got two more books after I turned in the two I just read.

I stopped at the health food store and bought pecans for my coffeecakes.

Then  I stopped at Happy Feet to get a pedicure. It's good thing I did. In June at church camp  reunion, I tripped and stubbed my toe. Someone later stopped me and told me my toe was bleeding profusely. I washed it off with alcohol and got a band aid to put on it and never gave it another thought. Today the woman who was doing my pedicure saw that the entire toenail was loose except at the very base and she said another new toenail was coming in under it and I needed to go to a podiatrist and have the torn toenail removed. I called a podiatrist in Independence that Bob had used and really liked, a Dr. Hogge, and made an appointment for Monday at 9:30AM to have that done.What a mess! Always something!

Then I went out and made seven more copies of the Coffeyville Awakening material and stopped by the Dollar General store in Coffeyville and bought 7 more folders.  Then from there I went to Country Mart and bought some kettle corn for my treat at the game day at the senior center. I got there shortly before 1:00PM and the others came in soon after that and we played until almost 4:00PM.

Then I went to the lab at the doctor's office and had my blood work done for my thyroid.

I came back home after that. I addressed the 7 manila envelopes and  stuffed the folders with the material I copied and took them to the post office. Unfortunately they had closed at 4:30PM and it was 4:40PM at that time. I will mail them in the morning.  I did get an awful lot done today anyhow.

It is 6:00PM now and I will watch the news now and get my bath at 7:00PM. I want to watch that "Bull" show I missed on Monday. Then I may watch another "Murder She Wrote" episode before going to bed at 9:00PM or so. Maybe I will read in one of my new library books before bedtime.  I sleep better if I don't watch TV just before I go to bed.

No comments: