Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thursday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night. I got up at 5:00AM as usual. I got myself ready for the day and had my oatmeal and coffee. I also fed the cats and watched the news and weather.

I texted Bob to see if he was up and around and alright. He was. Dr. Christensen has added another med to his collection. This one is gabapentin....an anxiety medication usually prescribed for anti seizure. It is prescribed for him for the pain he has in his legs. It can cause depression.

I will clean, as usual, today.

I'd better get to it. I will get back to this later...

I got the three floors washed and the mail came. I got a new navy sweater and it's supposed to be a medium but it's the smallest medium I have ever seen or worn. I also got the Reporter. The only newspaper worse then the Reporter is the Journal.

I made an appointment for Blue Cross/Blue Shield in November on the 18th at 10:00AM. I want to discuss the alternatives to Blue Cross/ Blue Shield. I may just have to stay with BlueCross/ Blue Shield whether I want to or not. They have raised their premium to $312.70 a month for 2020. They don't offer Medicare Advantage in Montgomery County. I would have to go with Aetna to get Advantage.

I'd better get  something to eat. It's been since 5:30AM since I had my oatmeal and it's almost 1:00PM now..

I had one of my Schwan's meals for lunch. Then I watched a Dateline episode. Then I shredded a lot of old Medicare paperwork.

I still haven"t vacuumed yet..

More later....

I got the apartment vacuumed and the vacuum put away.   I can't imagine where all the dirt comes from. I generally leave my shoes at the door on a small rug. And I vacuum every week. Perhaps the last resident didn't clean the carpet before she left the apartment. Anyhow, it could use a good cleaning. I dump out a lot of dirt every week when I vacuum. But I really don't want to get it wet.

I wish that young man with the dry cleaning carpet machine was still around. It left my carpet sparkling clean and no wet carpet. He moved to California. Even Nathan Marsh had one of those machines. Doug bought it for him when Nathan was playing the clubs in Kansas City. It gave him a regular income even when he wasn't booked somewhere.

Anyhow, it's 4:30PM now and I am about finished with my cleaning.

Tomorrow I will bake my cake for next Tuesday, freeze it, and take it to church with me on Sunday and put it in the freezer there. Bob can pick it up on his way to Independence on Tuesday.

I'm pretty much finished today. I will dust tomorrow.

I will watch the news, watch an episode of "Murder She Wrote" and take my bath and perhaps read before bed. 

More later...

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am glad to be a retired ar teacher.
Supplement for both Larry and I is less than what you pay.
I think it’s 287/ a month. If I just carried me it is barely a 100. I
pay more for his than mine. The State pays most of mine only
Because the politicians have similar insurance. They take care
of themselves.

Margie's Musings said...

I see. I have Medicare with Blue Cross/Blue Shield as a supplement. It keeps going up as more and more people in my age group use it. Our entire 83/84 year old groups develop more medical problems.

pat m said...

I belong to Kaiser Medicare advantagd..I pay 28$ per month..the lowest level..I could choose higher level which would pay more for hospitalization..but the last time I was in the hospital the first 3 days cost 1500$ I can afford that.

Margie's Musings said...

I couldn't. I only have $1900 in the bank. I'm glad you could do that though.