Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tuesday and Another Quiet Day

I awoke about  1:30AM this morning and was going to have trouble getting back to sleep. So I got up and took three melatonin tablets and got right back to sleep. I slept until 5:00AM, when I had my sleep out. I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day .  When I came in the living room and opened the front door, I had two cats waiting for the food. So I opened the second bag of cat food and filled their dishes. They seem to be filled and gone now. Then I fixed my coffee and oatmeal and had my own breakfast.

I watched the weather channel until the "Weather on the Eights" came on and then got this laptop to blog. I will probably read today. I want to check with the Caney library and see if they have the latest John Gresham book  "The Guardian", Coffeyville has three copies but they're all out and I am eighth on the waiting list.

I need to remember to set my trash container out at the curb. I have missed the past two weeks.and it is full. In fact, I have had to take two bags to the car wash and use their large dumpster. I washed my car while I was there.

I set my trash out and this time it was emptied. After awhile I warmed up some of that Chicken enchilada casserole from Sunday's basket dinner and ate that for lunch with iced tea.  The mail came and I had a couple of health newsletters to read and the Reporter. It's a little after 1:30PM now and I have read everything including some of the book I bought last week, "Silence Is Not The Answer". It has some good information in it.

I was going to walk up to the library but the wind is blowing hard and I have been blowing my nose all morning. I will just stay in.  Allergies!!

More later...

Needless to say, I never made it to the library. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to make sense out of the conversation I had with the insurance agent about Medicare Advantage. I printed off the material she sent to me and will share it with Bob tomorrow morning at breakfast.  Blue Cross/ Blue Shield had told us several years ago that our premium for our supplement would not go up again after age 80. We got a letter this week raising it for 2020 from $289. to $312.70.   You simply cannot believe a word an insurance agency tells you. They will do what they want to regardless of what they have said in the past. So I am looking into Medicare Advantage. We are low enough income from Social Security that there would be no premium.

I watched a couple of programs on Amazon Prime and then went in to take my bath at 7:00PM and went on to bed at 9:00PM. 

No comments: