Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wednesday and Another Busy Day

I woke up very early this morning and could not get back to sleep. I took three Melatonin tablets but that did not help a bit. Finally I got up at 3:00AM. I had coffee and some oatmeal but I will go over to Coffeyville and take that information and a couple of health newsletters to Bob at breakfast.

Then I will take the groceries Nancy gave me out to the church and put them in the frig there. I will text Leeann that they are there.When I come back in town at 9:30AM, I will get my hair done. Then I need to go to Dollar General and get some paper bowls. I am taking strawberries to game day at the senior center at 1:00PM. I also need to get some whipped cream for them.

I have fed the cats and watched the "Weather on the 8s".  It looks like it may rain tonight. I had left my mum plant out on the glass topped table on the patio last night. I brought it back in the den just now.

It's about time to leave for Coffeyville. I usually leave at 6:30AM to drive over there. It's now 6:05AM. I should be back home by 4:00PM or so. It will be a full day.

More later...

I got over to Bob's about 6:50AM and he came right out and we went over to Eggberts and had breakfast. I took him home afterward and went to the bank to get some more money and then out to Woodshed to buy gas again. Then I went to the Dollar Store and bought the few things I needed from there....the whipped cream, paper bowls, and plastic spoons. I had taken the strawberries for my dessert at the senior center.  That went over very well. I will take the paper products and spoons out to church for use there.

Then I went out to church to take in the groceries I was donating and put them in the frig.

Then I went to my hair appointment. From there, I went to the library and read for a couple of hours.

I got back home after the game day at the senior center at about 4:00PM.

I have put out food for the cats and kittens again.

More even later...I want to go get the mail now. 

This evening I watched my regular episode of  "Murder She Wrote" and then took my bath and went to bed at 9:00PM.


2 comments:

Annsterw said...

Just something I heard recently on Dr. Oz...
"Melatonin tells your body that it’s nighttime and it’s time to go to bed. Melatonin is a powerful hormone. Many may mistake its power for that of a sleeping pill and feel compelled to take more for better sleep. However, at the wrong dosage, melatonin may actually destroy your sleep cycle. Too much melatonin at one time may also cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, or irritability."
"Take 0.3 -1 mg of melatonin 90 minutes before you go to sleep. This amount of time will allow your brain to recognize the melatonin you took and make you feel sleepy."
I now only take 1 MG and I sleep great.
Just sharing...HUGS

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Annsterw, for the advice. I will try that next time I have a problem sleeping.