Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tuesday and Deliver Cakes

I slept poorly again last night. Finally had to get up and take a couple of Aleve. My right arm hurting was keeping me awake.

I had three cats come for their breakfast this morning...two yellow cats and mama cat were waiting for me to open the door this morning. I got them fed and took  everything but mama cat's double bowl in the apartment. She keeps coming back to eat more.

After I deliver the cakes I will go to their Walmart and buy the few things I need that I can't get here at Dollar General.

I had a kind of scary experience this morning. I went out to my car and took the stuff I had in my trunk out and put it in the garage to make room for the four cakes. When I was finished I looked for the key and could not find it. I brought in the stuff I had taken out of the trunk and went through it all looking for the key. I had to get my second key to get into the trunk but could not find the original key there either.  Then  I remembered I had taken my McCalister's cup in the cardboard cup holder out of the trunk too so I looked in there...and there it was! Thank goodness! I had the key in my hand when I took that cup holder out of the trunk. I must have dropped it in the cup holder then.

I am going to have to buy some new towels. Those I bought in 1981, when we moved into the new house in Coffeyville, are finally wearing out. I have had some good wear out of them. I noticed they were wearing out when I did the laundry.

More later....I need to get ready to leave for Coffeyville. I will go to the bank there before heading out  to church to pick up the cakes. I notice Keith and Esther's deposit has not made the bank yet. I will check it again when I get home from Independence.

The delay is probably because of President's Day yesterday.

More later...

I got  over to Coffeyville and to the bank first. I needed to get some money. Then I went back to Dearing and three miles north to the church, loaded the four cakes into my trunk and went up to the First Christian Church to deliver the cakes. Barbara and the pastor there were very glad to see me again.  It had been well over  a year since it was me delivering the cakes.

Then I went to the post office and bought stamps, and out to Walmart there to buy some groceries. Then I came on back home. When I got back home, I went to the library and got three more books to read if the weather turns nasty next weekend as it is forecast.

I have been reading my Robin Meyers book, "The Underground Church" , a history of the early Christian Church and a picture of what is actually happening in today's Christian Communities. It is well written and very interesting. One of his first books was "Saving Jesus from the Church". I also have the video of that one. My "Living the Questions" group studied that one when we were meeting before I moved to Caney last year

More later.....

I read until 8:00PM but was so sleepy I couldn't stay awake so since I had taken my bath at 7:00PM and was ready to go to bed, I did.

No comments: