Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday and An Appointment

My beautician called me yesterday to ask if I wanted to have my color and cut done today at 11:00AM. If I am going to get that done, this is my only chance. We have no live church anyhow during this Coronavirus time. Since our churches are shut down all over the earth, we have to depend on the churches that can stream their services. The site I visit on Sunday for my church experience is at Toronto Canada. And they record it and so I can watch it later.  The state of Kansas is shutting down any unnecessary business tomorrow.

I see I have three cats out there eating breakfast this morning. There are two gray ones, including mama cat and the scraggly gray one. Then the young yellow cat is out there too. He just finished and walked away. I put out the double dish, and two blue ones with cat food. I see another of the young gray cats is out there now eating.

I have some veggies I can't use. If Bob can meet me at 10:00AM there at Sycamore Landing, I will leave them on their "free" table for their residents. They always use them when I can't.

He says he cannot be there because Joanne is being released from the hospital this morning.

Yesterday I had the Sonic kids meal of two chicken strips and an order of tater tots and a small coke for $1.99.  You can't beat that value. It's not particularly healthy but it is cheap and tasty.  I think I will just order Schwans meals while we have this "stay at home" order.  I like the Walmart brand frozen meals but they are the first to sell out. I simply cannot cook for one. I think they are $1.69.

More later...

I watched some programs I had recorded until 9:20AM. My load of laundry is in the machine and I don't want to leave until I get it in the dryer. I am not sure how long that will be. It's in the rinse cycle right now and I don't know for sure how long it will be until that is finished and drained and spun damp dry but I imagine it will be awhile.

I got the laundry in the dryer and after everything was dry and put away, I left for Coffeyville.  I got there in time to have  an early lunch at Sonic. I had their $1.99 kids lunch...two chicken strips and a serving of tater tots and a small coke.

Then I had my hair done and afterward went out to Walmart to get the few things I needed for the week. I couldn't find kleenex, or paper towels. I only got breakfast bars.

So I took my groceries out and saw Bob with his groceries. He is concerned that Joanne is out of extra strength Tylenol and she needs it. He couldn't find it anywhere. So I told him I would look at our Dollar General store in Caney. I found it here in Caney and took it back over to Coffeyville so she would have it after she is released this evening. I also took those extra groceries for the "free table" at Sycamore Landing. I knew those residents could use them.

Then I went out to church to check on the trash. Last time I was out there the trash was full so I thought I would pick it up and take it home for my trash barrel. Cyndi was there working on her Easter wreaths She told me they had closed Four County Mental Health as "non essential". That's where Leslie works as a case manager so now she is not working and I don't know whether she will be paid or not.

After that, I decided to go on to Independence and check out their Walmart store for the things I could not find locally at Caney or at Coffeyville's Walmart.

They had everything I needed there. So afterward I came on back home and put everything away.

I am waiting for the news at 5:00PM now and after that, 60 Minutes.

More later....

I watched the news, then 60 Minutes and also the church  service at Toronto Canada that was streamed online.

Then at 9:00PM, I went on to bed. It had been a huge day.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m going to try that sonic meal. I always cooked. Now that is over.
I never enjoyed cooking. One thing I don’t miss is cooking a big
Breakfast.

Love having you for a far away friend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister-Three. I enjoy having you for a far away friend too. :)