Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday and a Better Night

I was awakened at 1:30AM by a loud bang noise. I got up and took my flashlight and looked all around the apartment and even in the garage. I didn't see a thing that could have made that noise so I went back to bed and even got back to sleep. The arm hurt off and on all night but I managed to sleep better anyhow. It's amazing what exhaustion can do .

I got up around 5:30AM and dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. Two cats came for breakfast first the fat (and possibly pregnant) gray cat and then one of the yellow cats...the Big Yellow Tom, I believe. I had put their food out earlier.  They dug right in and evidently filled up and moved on.

I checked my bank account this morning and found more money then I thought. Keith and Esther had made a deposit there but still I had a lot more money then I thought. I went back over my checkbook with the calculator and could not find a mistake in the checkbook. I will wait until tomorrow and see if anything changes and if not, I will go over to the bank and see where all that money came from. Seldom is the bank wrong but one time years ago, I did catch them in an error.

More later....

I went out to Sonic at noon and bought their child's chicken strip dinner for my lunch. It is always very good and certainly cheap enough right now. It is $1.99 plus tax.

Then I came home and began going through the stuff in the storage under the printer. I did a lot or reorganizing there. I printed off some brochures for the church ....if we ever get to go back to church.

I also sent the newest classmates list from the laptop to the desktop computer so I will be ready after Christmas to do the new class newsletter  for 2021.

Since I had just cleaned last weekend and on Monday I didn't do my cleaning again just yet. Maybe I will get to it again on Saturday.  I'd like to take this "stay at home" time to go through my file cabinet and clean it out of old files and shred them and clean out the drawers to my wall unit. Lord only knows how long we will be alone and not around our friends. The prognosis just gets worse and worse.

It's time for the 4:00PM news right now so I will get back to this later.

I watched the news and some of the weather channel and just before 7:00PM I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched TV until shortly before 9:00PM when I went on to bed.



2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Those loud banging noises that you hear sometimes in the middle of the night would freak me out. Is your attic space separated from your neighbor's? When you write about those noises happening, I always wonder what I would do in your place with those weird loud banging noises going on. The time when your doorknob had blood on it would have really scared me.

Before my husband retired, I was home alone all night with the kids, for years we had a giant Collie in the backyard and when he barked at night there was something going on. After that dog, I have my little 8 lb Pomeranian to protect me. He was very good at letting me know if anyone was lurking around. My husband is retired now, so is at home. Our Pomeranian is deaf now, but will sometimes wake up barking if he smells something or someone outside. He also has learned the scent of the Amazon delivery van and lets us know when when it is on our street making a delivery. Who would have thought that he could smell the Amazon van on its way. He is completely deaf now in his old age.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, we have a firewall between our attic spaces. The only thing I could think of was perhaps the noise came from their side. It sounded like something fell and that is why I looked in the garage.

Luckily, I am not an easily scared type.