Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday and Social Security

I slept fitfully last night with foot cramps, very sore arm and just plain listlessly. I finally took a couple of  melatonins and got to sleep. In fact, I slept until 7:00AM which is unheard of. When I finally texted Bob he was getting ready to go out to Walmart for coffee and some groceries.

My social security came in and I will transfer the money I borrowed from my savings account back into the savings account until the next time I need it.

I fixed my oatmeal and coffee while I prepared the cat food. It was so late most of the cats had come and gone. All but the ratty looking gray cat. He must have been very hungry and patient. He waited until I put the bowls down and went back inside and then dug in.  He is gone now. I left the food dishes out there just in case some other other cats checked back in. I finally brought in the dishes so the birds would not eat the cat food. I definitely am not going to feed the birds that cat food.

I don"t have anything planned for today. I could finish going through that bottom drawer of the file cabinet and I probably should finish that project while the spirit moves me.

I have rescheduled my podiatrist appointment for next Monday afternoon and have been having second thoughts about going and sitting in a waiting room with people with some kind of health problem.  I may cancel it until this mess is over.

More later...I want to get my Chai Latte.

I watched the CBS news until 10:00AM nd then I went back to going through my file cabinet and shredding old documents. I got nearly finished until the shredder overheated and I had to stop and let it cool down.

I see by the Fox news online, that Bernie Sanders has suspended his bid for the presidency. That's probably a good idea. the man had a heart attack just as his campaign was starting and after this national health crisis he probably would not have survived his presidency. I only hope the Democratic candidate can beat Trump.

More later....

I shredded until the red light went on warning me that the shredder was too hot to use until it cools down.

So then I ate lunch. I had thawed some beans I had cooked awhile back and also some cornbread. I had a couple of bowls of that and what little I had left,, I saved for a small lunch either tomorrow or Friday.

I finished the shredding of old documents like old tax forms from the house on Catalina and real state stuff that I no longer need to keep. I went through both drawers of my file cabinet. I am sure there are many things left there that the kids will not want when I am gone but I kept things that still have value to me. They can toss them when I am gone if they don't want them.

That is one job I had been saving for a snowy day. Instead I used this "stay at home" day. Maybe this afternoon I can do my trimming. I wanted to get through that file cabinet this morning.

More later...

I got half my trimming finished and ran out of string. Try as I would, I could not squeeze together the buttons to release the empty string cartridge. Finally I called  John to see if he was home and would do that for me. Luckily he was home and was willing to help me. So I drove out there and he got the job done. I immediately came back home and finished the trimming. John was a huge help.

Now I am very tired again. I guess I will read my new book on Kindle. I get one free book on Kindle every month because of my Amazon Prime.

Which reminds me. I had an e-mail from Amazon this morning that his suspenders, which I ordered yesterday.would be here Friday instead of Saturday.We will see.

The food pantry is open again this afternoon and I hope to get some bananas. I will go by and get what I can. If I can't use what they give, I can always take it to Sycamore Landing and leave it on the "free" table  Friday. Those folks always use everything. I hope I can get bananas this afternoon  though.

More even later...

I took what I couldn't use to Coffeyville to Sycamore Landing. I also slipped some magazines under the door at Bob's apartment. I went out to Walmart too and bought what I couldn't find at our Dollar General store here.  I got some bananas too at the Walmart store there in Coffeyville. They didn't have them at the Food Pantry here.

I am watching the CBS news now. At 7:00PM I will take my bath and try to get to bed at 9:00PM.

That didn't work out. I got involved in my Kindle book and read until 11:15PM to finish it. Then I went to bed.


No comments: