Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday and Laundry

I slept fitfully last night  and about 4:30AM I just gave up. I have made my bed but have not dressed yet and am just in my PJs and robe. I am trying to decide whether to wash my hair today or wait until tomorrow. Since I haven't dressed yet, I can make that decision later. I am not going anywhere..I haven't even turned on the TV weather yet.

I may go ahead and make up my oatmeal and coffee. It's way too early for the cats. It's only a little after 5:00AM now.

I did make up and eat my oatmeal and am now working on my coffee. I think I will just wait until tomorrow to wash my hair. I have come in the den and am using the desktop computer so I won't alert the cats that I am up and around.

More later...I will get dressed.

After I dressed Mama cat was definitely ready for her breakfast. I wanted to go out the front door but she was ready to come in so I had to go out through the garage. She gets under my feet  if I am not careful. I don't want to trip. Anyhow, she ate until she was full and then when she left, a smaller yellow cat came too. Both cats are gone now. It wasn't Big Yellow Tom. It is thundering and threatens to rain. I believe we have a 70% chance of rain tonight.

It did rain a bit but I know we are supposed to get more this evening. Funny, every time I went out to get the cat's food bowl, Gray Mama cat would rush over to eat some more or get some water. She obviously wanted me to leave that dish out there,  I took a letter out to put on the mailbox and she was finally gone so I was going to bring the dish in but then Big Yellow Tom came rushing over to eat some breakfast. So I left it out again.. He didn't eat much but I will leave the dish there for awhile.

More later.....

I want to do my towel and underwear  laundry so I had better get it started.

More even later...

I got that laundry done and put away.

I noticed the lights are out on my car's dash and I guess it is a fuse but I don't have a clue how to check that out. I guess the next time I am in Coffeyville I will drop by Gary's and see what I need to do about it. Seems like it's always something.

I have been playing solitaire on the notebook most of the afternoon. It is after 4:00PM now.

My son-in-law was reading this blog and he figured out why the dash lights were so low. When I wiped off my dash I had accidentally tapped the little minus sign - thing that adjusted the brightness on the dash and that dims the dash lights. He had me take a photo of that area and immediately saw what had happened.  Sure enough, I tapped on the + sign and it got brighter.

All I really know about a car is how to drive it, put gas in it, check the battery and vacuum it. When It gets warmer, I will pull the floor mats out and clean them with my scotch guard car carpet cleaner. I do that every spring. I have been trying to keep this little '08 Honda Civic as clean as I can since it will have to be my last car unless I get careless or someone else does.

I have been listening to Kenny Rogers' music on Alexa, my Echo that John and Leslie gave me a couple of years ago for Christmas. Kenny Rogers died a couple of weeks ago. He was 81.

It's past time for the news now So I cancelled her music. Actually the news is not on right now because the Tulsa station has scheduled some other special programming. The CBS News won't be on until 5:30PM  I just turned on the weather channel since there's nothing else on TV that I am interested in right now.

I will get back to this later. I am going to warm up some beans and cornbread for supper. I never did eat lunch.

More later... I ate the beans and half the cornbread. 

I see the small yellow cat is here for dinner too. He/she didn't stay long. The last thirty minutes, I have started to take in the bowls several times but the gray mama cat comes right out from around the hedge and looks pleadingly at me...obviously not wanting me to take the food bowls away. So I have left two of them out there a while longer. Now the small yellow cat is back out there eating from the double dish. He/she is much smaller then the big yellow Tom cat. He/she is the only one of mama cats litter that is yellow like big Tom cat.

I have taken my first shower since moving in here a year and a half ago. I wanted to wash my hair. John came over day before yesterday and figured out how to make it a shower instead of a bath. It was different from the way most showers change from baths to showers.

It's funny. That gray mama cat simply would not let me take away the bowls. She was full and not using them but every time I tried to take them away, she did not want me to do it. But when the young yellow cat came to eat, he/she did and then left and the gray mama cat left too. I wonder if that is why. Strange!

It's 8:00PM now and at 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.


1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Maybe she is trying to get as much food as she can before she has her kittens (if she is going to). I always wondered where the feral cats hide to have their kittens.

When you wrote about how she looks at you pleadingly I remembered how the mama cat we had when I was a kid used to just stay right beside my Mom all of the time when she was near having kittens. Mom would get either a big basket or a flat box ready for her to have her kittens in and let Mama cat come in the house when she was ready to have kittens. She was normally an outside cat otherwise, because she was not trustworthy with the carpeting in the house.