Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday and Grocery Shopping

I  slept well again last night and got up shortly after 5:00AM.  I have dressed and had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

I had three cats out here for breakfast this morning It was Scruffy and two of the medium sized yellow cats. I still have not seen the four kittens since they came with Scruffy that first day.  I saw Scruffy crawl under the shed across the street yesterday evening. I wonder if the tomcat has killed the kittens.

I want to finish my vacuuming before I go to Independence this morning to buy my groceries.

I want to water the plants and check how they made it through the night outside last night.

Be back later....

I watered the one in the back yard and it looked great.  Now I have to filter some more water before I can water the one in the front. I don't drink Caney water and I don't water my plants with it either. Caney water is undrinkable.

Well Scruffy is back. She eats a little and then leaves. Then fifteen minutes later she comes back for more.  She keeps me running in and out with her bowl. If she leaves and I don't take it in, the birds tend to try to eat it.

Now she is drinking some water from my water dish. I keep water for them too because it's the only clean water they have access to.

I texted Krystal yesterday evening about mowing for me on Tuesday and she says they can do it. That yard has really grown this week.  It could use it now but it's only been a few days since Tuesday when she mowed last so it will just have to wait.

I needed some frozen foods and Almond milk and they don't have much selection at Dollar General. I knew I needed makeup too and I would have to go to Independence to get that at their Merle Norman store. So I decided to just go on to Independence where I could also shop their Walmart store.

I dd that and when I finished, I came back home and checked my mail. I also called Nancy. She was sick again and had been in bed all day. I think she needs to see a doctor about her health. She is sick either with diarrhea or an upset stomach. But she is resistant to doing that and no one can make her do that.

When I got home, Scruffy was back at the door wanted to be fed again. She has been here three or four times.

I am listening to NPR now. There is a lot of discussion about the police brutality and the deaths of the black men these past few years and actually in our history.  The black citizens have always had a terrible time with prejudice.  There needs to be a complete structural change in America.

More later.....

My daughter just sent me a text to tell me her eldest granddaughter, my eldest great granddaughter, has been sick and has been tested for mononucleosis and pneumonia and they have come back negative and is now being tested for the Corona virus.  We appreciate any prayers from any of you. Her name is Sage.

More later...

This afternoon I read a book I had downloaded on my Kindle. There was nothing on TV so I just didn't turn it on. It's 6:45PM now and I will soon take my bath and at 9:00PM, I will go to bed.



3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope she doesn’t have the virus.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. That would be a tragedy!

Kay said...

Ahhhh... You drink almond milk too. That’s what we drink. I’m so jealous that you’re able to get enough sleep. I’m having such difficulty.