Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tuesday and Another Great Night's Sleep

I slept very well last night and once again just woke up just once and went to the bathroom and then got right back to sleep. That shoulder brace is a real blessing...thanks to Leslie for thinking of it and ordering it.

I have had my breakfast of oatmeal and am drinking my coffee and chai now.

When I opened the front door I had three cats waiting for their breakfast. Gray Scruffy and two yellow cats. One of them was Big Yellow Tom. They have all eaten now and are gone. I see Big Yellow Tom is across the street in the sunshine looking over this way. I see he is coming back over now to eat some more. I am glad I left the bowls out there.

 When I opened this blog in Firefox I found that all my bookmarks were gone. Some glitch in Firefox had done away with the entire bookmark record so rather then deal with that so early in the morning, I just changed it to Edge. It seems to work fine. I even had to change the password on this blog. Strange..Several people from Cox Complete Care and even my son, Keith, have suggested I stop using Firefox. It has been my browser of choice ever since I have had a computer. 

More later...

I went back to firefox. I notice the bookmarks toolbar is back. They must have fixed whatever it was that eliminated it.

I did get the den vacuumed at last.

I have been watching CBS news and I am appalled at Trump and his response to non violent protesters.  According to Jesus' message, you don't "dominate" people to build Jesus' "Kingdom of God". Tear gas and rubber bullets are not the way of Jesus. And using the Bible and using a church across from the White House to make his point is deplorable. Threatening to use military force against peaceful protesters is the way of a dictator. 

The Episcopal pastor there was "outraged" at the context of his use of her church. Holding the Bible to condone his actions was also deplorable according to her ...and I agree.

The sort of strength we need is like that of the Houston police officer who hugged a protester who tried to explain her actions.

What a mess! 

More later....

I still haven't seen the trash pickup folks yet today and they usually are here by 9:30AM and it's almost 11:00AM now. I have called the city to se what the problem is and they will call me back after they get an answer from the trash people. 

Suzanne came mid afternoon and we walked around Mildred's  Market and she bought some earrings. Then we went to Sonic and had a cherry limeade slush...very good.

The trash people came while we were gone and I got the trash containers put away.

Now I am home and watching the news. CBS news is next and I want to watch it. I will get back to this after the news is off.

I watched the CBS news. Terrible news. Just what we needed was more problems.  I texted Bob and he is going to have breakfast with me in the morning.

It's after 7:00PM now and I will get my bath and check on Scruffy. He came to eat supper and I want to get the food put away before I have my bath.

I will try to watch "Bull" afterward. I recorded it last night. I hope it's not a rerun. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

Well, Tulsa TV did it again. I was right in the middle of watching "Bull" and they interrupted the program to cover the riots in Tulsa. They have two different channels and you would think one of those channels could be dedicated to regular programming for those in southeast Kansas who are really not all that interested in their local news. 

So I just turned it off and went on to bed at 8:40PM.


4 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Thank you for speaking out about what is going on! It is horrible how people trying to have peaceful demonstrations are being attacked and branded with the looters that are causing chaos. I believe we need to vote in November to pull our country out of this hateful, racist cycle. I appreciate your thoughts about what Jesus would think. Thanks for your post!

Galla Creek said...

Hiltler has a very similar picture. He too is holding the Bible up. It’s almost the same image.

marlu said...

Your latest blog has a larger font! Aren't computers fun (and confusing?)

Margie's Musings said...

I am appalled by this president. He is absolutely impossible and just keeps getting worse. Thank you all for commenting.