Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday and A Cool Morning

I slept well last night and got up half past 5:00AM.  I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

We all logged onto to Zoom last evening and we all had a chance to wish Keith, my eldest son,  a happy 65th birthday. Scott could not come to Zoom. They were in the middle of a thunderstorm and he lost the internet. He did manage to log onto that special program on his I phone and Keith was able to see him that way. I think it is called Face time. It is a historic birthday and now he is on Medicare.

I see I am feeding four cats/kittens this morning. Scruffie and her two kittens and the adolescent yellow cat are still out there eating.  I have to take their food out through the garage because they often try to come in the apartment. I had that happen once and it was a catastrophe.  I had a nightmare trying to catch her and get her out. Once she got in, she was terrified. These cats are feral and are skittery.

I am not sure what I will do today.  Everything is pretty much caught up until Thursday which is apartment cleaning and laundry day.

I see the cats are gone now and I should get the bowls back in before the ants get into them.

We are forecast for rain tomorrow and Thursday. I have my big day tomorrow in Coffeyville. I will see about having breakfast with Bob, go to the bank, get my hair done and go to the market and get gas and after 1:00PM, have game day at the senior center. That's my usual first Wednesday of the month. All of that and rain too. I may not get gas if it rains. I have plenty. I usually just top it off at the Woodshed in South Coffeyville where the gas is cheaper.

Suzanne wants to go to Lowe's in Bartlesville on Thursday and help me pick out some new flooring for the kitchen. That that is down there now really is badly worn. We will wear our face masks when we do that. After she has Lowe's come measure for the flooring and they are ready to lay it, we will have the boys take the range out of the kitchen so they can lay that flooring where the range goes. Suzanne bought the one in my garage from a friend of hers. I hope it works alright. 

More later..

Scruffie came back after the other cats left and wanted more food so I put the double bowl out there for her. She finally ate her fill and left and  I was about to go out and bring the bowl back in when Big Yellow Tom cat came to eat from that bowl too. He is still eating and drinking from their water bowl now. I will need to wash that water bowl again and fill it with clean water again. After he leaves, I will do that.

It is very un-August weather this morning. It is 57 degrees. I don't recall such a cool August.

I got the food back out for Scruffie and she has eaten a little bit and left again. When I water the plant out there, I will bring back in that bowl.

More later...

I got the plants watered and deadheaded and brought in that food bowl.

I watched the CBS news until 10:00AM and  then played FreeCell for awhile on the laptop in the den. I also went through some of the files in my file cabinet and deleted some by running them through my shredder. I was hoping to find my passport but never did. I don't know what happened to it when we got back from our Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago.

After noon I had a frozen Schwan's meal. It was alright. Nothing to write home about. It beats cooking....especially for one.

The trash people are late getting around today. They are usually here by 9:30AM. It's almost 1:00PM now and they just went by on State Street. So it will be even later. Who knows how late.

Charles is late with the mail too.

The mail finally came and mostly it was junk political mail. Then I went over to Nancy's at 2:00 PM and we went up to City Hall so she could vote.

Then we drove out to the country and enjoyed a beautiful day.

We stopped at Dairy Queen in Independence and had a blizzard. I shouldn't have because I have been trying to lose five pounds. This will set me back some. I had lost three pounds and only had two to go.

I stayed when I took her home until almost 6:00PM. She wanted me to stay longer but I felt I needed to get back home.

I am watching the news now. Dale, Nancy's cousin, called to find out what time we ate our ice cream and was surprised to find that she had told him she was not hungry and didn't want anything for supper. She ate a blizzard at Dairy Queen with me and I imagine she is full. She like to never got around that blizzard and it was a small one. She had told him she had a big meal and he was checking her story. That would aggravate the life out of me. He says she has to take food with her meds.

It's 6:00PM now.I will take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: