Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday and A Friend's Visit

 I was up at my usual time..about 5:30AM. I dressed and made up my face in the kitchen and brushed my teeth from a paper cup like we used to do when we went camping when the kids were little. 

I will wait unto Dean is up to fix some sort of breakfast and see if he would rather go out to Eggberts. I have eggs and bread so I could fix french toast. I even have syrup. Or we could have oatmeal. It will be up to him. He usually says his visits are a vacation for me too so we will see.

When I finally went to sleep, I slept well but after staying up late visiting, I had a hard time winding down.  I may fix some coffee while I wait. 

It's almost 9:00AM and Dean is still sleeping. He must have been very tired after we stayed up late and visited. I have had my coffee and Chai but will wait to have breakfast until he gets up and find out what he wants.

So more even later...

He didn't wake up until 11:00AM and I was quite concerned that he may not be well so I went in and checked on him. It wasn't long and he got up and dressed and we went over to Eggberts in Coffeyville and he had breakfast and I had the same thing I always have for lunch. The chicken salad and muffin. 

Then we went out to South Coffeyville and he checked out the farm.

We stopped at Woodshed there and bought gas. Then we went out to John and Leslie's and saw the puppies and dogs. John showed him his art works. and trains. Then Leslie showed Dean the house.

Then we came back home, He will be leaving around noon tomorrow.

Dean has lots of health problems. He has a pacemaker, and diabetes. I think he has had stints too although I'm not sure. I may ask him when he gets up tomorrow morning..

I warmed up our leftover fish dinners and that's what we had for supper. Then I broke out the Schwan's ice cream bars for our dessert.

We had a nice visit before bedtime and I took my bath and we went to bed about 9:30PM. I think Dean was very tired. I know I was. It had been a big day. I am two weeks older then Dean but in a lot better shape physically.


3 comments:

Kay said...

Oh dear... I haven’t made up my face in months and months. I keep thinking nobody notices anything since I’m wearing my mask... but I’m probably wrong. Hmmm....

Margie's Musings said...

I make up my face every morning. Buy then I am 84 years old.

Margie's Musings said...

But then...