Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tuesday and Cakes Delivered

 I slept well last night. After all the exercise I got yesterday, I should have. I feel good today and have already changed the bed and am washing the sheets I took off the bed. When they are dry I will fold them and put them away.

I just had my breakfast and coffee and am about to fix my Chai Latte.

Today I will go over to Coffeyville and leave here at 8:00AM and pick up the three other cakes from Bob and take them all four to the First Christian Church in Independence for the desserts for their dinner tonight. Then I will come right back home and get the apartment ready for the flooring people who will lay my new flooring tomorrow.

I will sleep on the daybed tonight so the bed in my bedroom will be clean and neat for Dean on Thursday.

It's almost 6:00AM now and I will need to text Bob to see if he made through the night alright. While I am doing that I will fix my Chai Latte. So...more later..

Bob was fine and slept well. 

A Mystery...While the dryer was working, a strange chirping noise occurred periodically. I thought it was the dryer. When I finished folding and putting away the laundry, the chirping continued periodically. It sounds like a loud cricket. I have not heard it in some time now. I have no idea what it was. I certainly hope it isn't a cricket because it was loud and there is no way I could sleep though that noise. Dean uses a breathing machine because he has sleep apnea. It may not disturb him.

More later...

I got home after taking the cakes to Independence and moved everything out of the dining room that I could manage. The men laying the new floor tomorrow will take the roll top desk, the server and the table out of the dining room and then put them back in after they lay the flooring. I also rolled up the rug in the den and drug it into the living room. I want it over the new flooring in the dining room. I put the notebook computer back in my bedroom. I think I have done everything I could. They will do the bathroom first. A plumber will have to take up the commode and then put it back after they get the flooring laid. He may have to turn off the water to the washer before they take those two appliances out to lay the new flooring in the utility area. Lowe's wouldn't even do that when Suzanne let them quote her a price. She didn't really like the flooring they had. That's why she went on up to Derailed Commodity and looked and found what she really wanted.  When they are ready to do the kitchen floor, they will need to get the frig and range out of the kitchen. This entire operation is a really big deal. They will probably charge her an arm and a leg after having to move the furniture and appliances out and then back in... besides laying the flooring.

The trash people came and emptied the trash container today but they didn't take the extra bag of leaves. I guess they don't get out of the truck to do anything. After Ryan is home today, I will ask him to put it in the trash container for next week. He's a good neighbor.

More later..

I turned the trash container over on it's back and managed to work that bag of leaves into it and then I managed to upright it again by using the handle. So I won't have to trouble my neighbor after all. Determination works fine sometimes.

I had one of my chicken pot pies for dinner and an ice cream bar afterward for dessert. Now I am full.  

More later

I checked my mail and got a package I had ordered online a few weeks ago. It is a fitness tracker that has to be charged on a USB port on one of my computers. It may take awhile. It is suppose to charge in 5 minutes and so far it appears not to be charging. But I bought this out of Canada so it may not easy to understand.  According to what few instructions it has, the button should turn green when it is charged and it should vibrate once. I have no idea how long this will take. It's been much longer then 5 minutes. I will try another USB port. I used the notebook and that worked.

I hope this works.

It charged... but I don't believe I can use it. For one thing, it requires either I Phone with OS 9.0 or later or Android 4.4 or later. I don't believe my smartphone qualifies. I have to be able to download Runmifit on the App Store or Google Play. The website I bought it from didn't mention any of that.. Well I have learned something from this experience. The date says Saturday February 15. I probably would have to have that  APP to have it update to the correct date.

Oh well...

Keith called about 4:30PM and talked to me on his way home from work. His car has bluetooth and so he doesn't have to deal with his phone. I always like it when the boys call. My kids stay in touch very well. They wanted to know what we wanted to do for Thanksgiving. As far as I know, we don't have a plan. Leslie has to work Thanksgiving. In order to get Christmas off she works Thanksgiving.

The last I heard the kids in Tennessee are hoping the family can get together for Christmas. I would love to see their place and also love to see them too but I don't want to fly.

I had a breakfast bar for supper. Earlier I had a banana. Those things will be my supper.  

I plan to watch TV until 7:00PM and then take my bath and then I plan to go on to bed in the daybed at 9:00PM. I want to save the clean bed for Dean. He still plans to come for a visit on Thursday and stay until Saturday.



No comments: