Saturday, October 17, 2020

Saturday and the End of a Visit

I slept very well last night/ That little trundle bed in the den has a good mattress on it but then seldom has anyone larger then a 5 year old child slept on it so it is in good shape.

I got up shortly before 5:00AM and made up the bed and put the trundle away. I took the mirror into the kitchen and made up my face and brushed my teeth in a paper cup..just as I did yesterday. Then I dressed. It is nearly 6:00AM now. 

I guess I will go drink some coffee. No telling when Dean will be up. In a little while I will feed the cats/kittens too.

So more later...

I have my coffee and have the "Weather on the Eights" on the TV...waiting to see what our weather is forecast. Then I will move to solitaire and the CBS News. Closer to 6:30AM I will text Bob and see if he is alright. I will also open the front door and see how many cats/kittens  are waiting for their breakfast. I will need to buy cat food again today. I am nearly out. They go through a bag every other day.

I don't know when Dean will be leaving today...probably close to noon if he sleeps late again this morning. He never wants to be too far away from his son, Rod, for too long.  Rod dove into the shallow end of a swimming pool when he was 18 and broke his neck and has been paralyzed ever since.  He is 55 now. He has a caregiver that lives in a bedroom in the basement of their home. He helps Rod with his showers, etc. Rod has a law degree and and another in computer science and is an IT. He has a van fitted for his needs and, of course, has a wheelchair to get around in.

More later...

Dean left at 10:30AM and we had a very good visit. He was anxious to get back to Rod, his son. I fixed flavored oatmeal and coffee for our breakfast, and he packed up, gave me a hug and left soon after. It was a good visit.

Suzanne is coming by soon to pick up some of those banana bags I have and to bring me bananas she got at the produce yesterday. I need to eat the ones I have before she gives me more. I need to go out to Dollar General to get cat food again today.

More later...

I  also had to get more envelopes. I printed off 54 envelopes for the class newsletter that goes out for 2021. Those are for the classmates that are not online. The others I send out attached to e-mail. My classmates need to send me their news early if they want that newsletter before the first of the year.

It's slightly after 4:00PM now and I will go watch the news.

More later...

I watched the news and made myself a sandwich out of the bread I bought and the had I had frozen.  Then I read in one of the Amazon free books until 8:30AM when I was just too tired to stay up any longer and went on to bed.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you got to visit with your friend.

Are you loving your new floors?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they are really nice!

Kay said...

Have a nice weekend, Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay. I intend to! You too...and stay safe!!!