Saturday, July 16, 2022

Saturday and Home

I slept pretty well last night and was only up once in the night and then got right back to sleep and slept until 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day and I am having my breakfast here in the den. I may clean the apartment today since I wasn't here Thursday to do it.

I am anxious to see if the cats come for their breakfast. They may have given up on me after being on their own nearly a full week. It's just now 6:03AM so when I finish my breakfast, I will check on the weather and also the cats.

I finished my book last night before I went to bed. It was 10:00PM before I went to bed but I slept well in my own bed.

Leslie has taken four teen aged kids to Speck (Spectacular) in Lamona,  Iowa, for a week. That's where our Graceland University is located and Spectacular is an opportunity for them to show and share their talents for sports or music or whatever they enjoy excelling in and make friends of kids from all over America. They have sent their oldest granddaughter, Sage, the past couple of years. She is really into volleyball. She is preparing for college now having graduated high school this year.

It's 6:15AM now and I will go check on the cats and the weather.

Back later... 

I got the TV on just in time to catch the "weather on the 8's" and also both cats. They are sure leaner then they usually are since they haven't had a regular meal since I have been gone to church camp except for last Wednesday before I went to the beauty shop and then back to the campgrounds.

Today is to be 104 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 101 degrees and cloudy, Monday will be 98 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 109 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 104 degrees and partly cloudy , Thursday is to be 104 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 106 degrees and mostly sunny. That is the hottest weather yet and this is only July. Lord only knows what August will be like. 

More later..the cats have eaten and are gone now. I will leave the food out there for awhile since sometimes Scruff comes back for more.

More later...

They both came back for more food.They look like they have lost weight alright. After they both left, I took the food back in the garage again and covered it. If I don't do that, ants get into it.

Yesterday I put gas in the mower for Krystal to mow tomorrow afternoon late.

I had an e-mail and a call from my friend, Gay, from Chanute yesterday. She is coming to Cherryvale to eat lunch with me at Just Us, after church tomorrow. I am to meet her at 12:30PM there. 

I have decided not to clean the apartment. How dirty could it be when I have been gone almost an entire week. I will clean it next week. I did take a paper  sack and cleaned up the leaves in my back yard from my neighbor's tree next door south and put them in a paper bag to put in the trash. That gave me some bending exercise. 

It's 10:36 now. I will need to start thinking about my lunch in an hour and a half. I may go buy some more frozen dinners. In a pinch, that's the way to go. I need to get some change for Krystal's mowing Wednesday afternoon too.

I watered all the flowerbeds. They needed it and they will need it even worse after this week after 104 and 106 degree weather later in the week.

More Even Later.....

It's 7:15PM and I will take my bath now and get myself ready to read until bedtime at 9:00PM.

I finished my book at 10:15PM and got ready to go to bed about 10:20PM

Tomorrow is church and I will leave here about 9:00AM to get there soon enough to do what little cleaning the church will need.

So I hope I will sleep well tonight.

 

4 comments:

Suemn said...

I'm glad the cats are still coming around to eat and haven't forgotten you:)

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suemn. I was afraid they would give up on me.

Galla Creek said...

It’s always good to return home.

DrumMajor said...

You probably do, but leave some water out all the time for your special cats. Drink more water for you too! Linda in Kansas