Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Tuesday and a Free Day

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I don't know if it rained or snowed last night because it's too dark to tell at this time. It's just 5:29AM right now. When it gets light out, I will go check out the weather and the cats. Blondie came for supper last night but I didn't see anything of Scruff.

I am eating my breakfast now here in the den. I will get back to this in a moment.  

I just checked my checking account. I am $7.00 short. So far I haven't found it. It may be a couple of tips.

Both cats came for breakfast and I went out to bring it back to the garage but Scruff came back for more so I left it out there for a little while longer.

In the meanwhile,the weather report came up.  Today will be 46 degrees and AM clouds, Tomorrow will be 41 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 48 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is forecast for 33 degrees and clouds...PM sun, Saturday is to be 43 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 47  degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 51 degrees and sunny. That's the week. They have taken any rain out of the forecast for the next week. I must have rained a little last night. The sidewalk was wet.

More Later...

I took my walk this morning. It was cold but not windy. I wore my jacket and my gloves. I always take my fully charged phone in my pocket...just in case. I left at 7:33AM and got back home by 7:55AM...not too bad. And I know I have to keep walking or I may lose the ability to walk as I age.

I read most of the afternoon and later went out to Eggbert's and had a hamburger steak and mashed potatoes and green beans and a roll. That was something different from what I usually have.It was good and I came on back home and later and I went out to Myrtle's Market and looked at all the Christmas decorations and Christmas gift ideas. I didn't buy anything but I sure looked. I will need to get up in the attic and get down my Christmas decorations before Christmas. 

I no longer have a tree. I gave it away to a homeless woman that Karan and the caretaker from the Brown Mansion helped to find a place to live. I didn't have a light plug here in the den so there was no place to set it up anyhow...with lights. I do have a number of Christmas decorations but they are in the attic. I will get them down closer to December.

Scott called today. They are leaving Tennessee on the Monday before Thanksgiving, staying overnight at Council Bluff and coming in to John and Leslie's on Tuesday afternoon. They will be leaving the day after Thanksgiving.This fall they are going to take a couple of vacations with their neighbors. One place they are going is to Europe. I believe he said they were also going to Hawaii later.

Keith and Esther will probably stay with me. I will give them my bed and I will sleep in the den on the trundle.

It's 6:52PM now and I just took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on.

I will go read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

So glad your children are all going to be with you Thanksgiving.