Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thursday and a Trip to see Nancy.

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night to take my two meds. I was up at my usual 5:00AM and dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I am out of breakfast bars and almost out of oatmeal. I will have to get some today. I am having my coffee here in the den now. I will take my walk a little later. I probably won't leave for Bartlesville until 10:00AM of so...maybe a little earlier. 

I ended up eating the last package of oatmeal. I will need to get some more today and also breakfast bars.

I checked to see if Blondie was out there but it's too early right now. I will check later again.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's". It's going to be another very hot week. Today is to be 104 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 99 degrees and  mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 92 degrees partly cloudy, Monday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy and Wednesday is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy.  Hot..but not as bad as this week.

More Later...I will go check on Blondie again. 

Blondie was there this time and I fed him both some wet cat food and some dry cat food and he ate most of both and then left.

I took my walk at 6:15AM and got back home at 6:59AM.  I got some trash but not a not. I put it in my trash receptacle. 

I read until I finished my second library book and I will put it in the book drop here before I leave for Bartlesville.

More Later..maybe I will have more news when I return from Bartlesville after my visit with Nancy.  I will have my car washed while I am down there.

It's 9:12AM now and I am getting ready to drive to Bartlesville to wash my car and then visit Nancy.

I will be back later this afternoon.  

More Later..

I washed my car as soon ans I got to Bartlesville. Then I went to Nancy's and as usual she was still in bed. It was about 10:30AM by then. I hadn't been there more then 15 minutes and one of Nancy's neighbors came in. I tried to get her up and dressed because the neighbor's son was coming to see Nancy as well as his mother. I tried to get her out of bed and started dressing. I checked on her ten minutes later and she was still  on the commode. Again I tried to tell her the son, Jack, was going to be there any moment. But nothing rushed her. I begged off of staying to visit by telling her I would be back next week.  She had other visitors to prepare for.  I don't know how that turned out. I left. I knew it would be too confusing for everyone if I was still there. No one would get a good visit either.

Maybe I can go back down on Tuesday when no one else will be vying for her attention.

It's 1:24 PM. I tried to call Sally to see if she wanted to go to Copan Restaurant for lunch. She wasn't home so I went alone and had their small chef salad. That was a disaster! There were two small children screaming at the top of their lungs. I paid my bill and left...disgusted! I should have either gone to the local Eggbert's or to Independence to the Dairy Queen for their $6.00 "special". But I didn't. Live and Learn!

More Later..I did go to the library and check out two more books. I guess I will read this afternoon.

More Even Later... 

I read for a couple of hours and then watched the CBS evening news until time for my bath at 7:00PM. I checked the air conditioner and  it is pretty noisy and is sure blowing hot air outside. The apartment is 79 degrees in here now and the last time this happened and it was 80 degrees in here, I turned on the ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom and that helped a lot. Within 45 minutes it had come down to 73 degrees. So I turned on the ceiling fans again this evening. It's 101 degrees out there so it may be hard to get it down much again but I am trying and we will see what good it does.

More Later...I am going to go read again. 

My thermostat is down to 77 degrees now... thanks to the ceiling fans. ..maybe later it will get down to 72 degrees...where I have it set ...as it cools off outside. It's two degrees lower now then it was originally.

Stephen is here now mowing his lawn. He looked in on me and checked the air conditioner out there. I told him I thought the ceiling fans would help like they did last time. It's 8:29 PM now and I may just go on to bed.

No comments: