Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tuesday and Cleaning

I slept well last night. It helps that I take two Melitonin tablets and last night I went to bed around 8:00PM. I was just very tired.  I don't know why...I hadn't done a lot but read.  I did go over to Coffeyville and picked up my new contacts and paid for them. Today I want to mop the bare floors and vacuum the carpets. Tomorrow is Bunco at the senior center, Now I  will go check "the weather on the 8's" and see if Blondie is out there for his breakfast. It's only 5:17AM so probably not. I have had my breakfast bar and am drinking my coffee now.

So, More Later.. 

I finally caught :the weather on the 8's" and it's not good!

Today will be 103 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 106 degrees and  mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 102 degrees and  mostly sunny, Friday is to be 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 99 degrees and mostly sunny, and Sunday is to be 93 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 88 degrees and AM showers. The only good thing about the weather the next week is the AM showers on Monday. The weather report said this year is the hottest year ever worldwide.

I still haven't seen anything of Blondie! And it's 78 degrees this morning at 5:58AM.

It's 6:16AM now and Blondie finally came for his breakfast and I took the wet food out to him. He is eating now.

It's 6:38AM and I am going to take my walk now while it's still relatively cool. It's 78 degrees. Blondie was just leaving my sidewalk when I left. He went out to the street. I hoped he would get out of the street so someone wouldn't hit him.

I took my walk and had a huge bag of trash. In fact I put some of it in a trash receptacle on fourth street because my sack was so full.

I had an interesting thing happen when I was within a block of my apartment. A man pulled over in a pickup truck and thanked me for what I had been doing. I was so impressed. 

I noticed Blondie was gone when I got back home.

More later...

Now I will start my mopping and my vacuuming. It's 7:14AM.

I got my housework done this morning and talked to Karan. She went to the hospital at 3:00AM this morning with her A Fib. In the middle of the night after they got her converted, her heart stopped beating altogether and several nurses came in and worked to get her heart beating again.

She seemed to be better at 10:30AM when I went to take her some books to read from Marilyn and visit with her awhile. Then she learned that her heart doctor, Dr. Tinker, who was supposed to come check her out yesterday or today so he could decided whether to let her go home... is on vacation. His office evidently did not let the hospital know. They were expecting him to come check her out yesterday or today.

Doctors!

It's 6:77PM now and at 8:00PM, I will have my bath, and then at 9:00PM, I plan to go to bed.

The thermostat is set on 71 degrees and the thermostat says it's 80 degrees in here. It just doesn't seem able to keep up with these temperatures. It's old and the temperatures are very hot. The last time this happened, Stephen, my landlord,  came and ran water over the unit for awhile until it started to be able to cool the apartment.

It's 7:12PM now and I have just had my bath and put my pajamas on and will read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Please come visit my place to help me get through my chores. Bring Blondie! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Are you talking to me, Linda!! :)