Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday and a Problem

When I got ready to leave church yesterday..after the service, I found that my starter would not turn over at all. Mike and John tried to get it to work by tapping on it but nothing happened. It would not even make a noise. The starter was not going to work. We tried to call the wrecker my insurance recommended but there was not any of those in our area so we had to call a wrecker from Coffeyville to tow my car to Caney to Main Street Auto and Tire. It was Sunday so no one was there. We locked the car and put the key in the drop box next to their office door. Then Leslie and John brought me home. They paid the wrecker the $175. he charged.

About 8:00AM, I will try to call Main Street. I think they are open then. I can talk to the woman that runs the office if Josh Elliot or his brother, a mechanic too, isn't available. They are going to have to order a starter for that 15 year old car. That may take awhile.

I slept pretty well last night. ..considering everything. I was up before 6:00AM though.

I opened the door to Blondie and he was ready to eat. I was out of wet cat food. So he had to eat the dry cat food. Luckily I had plenty of that and he was hungry enough to eat it.. 

While he was eating I caught "the weather on the 8's" for this week.. Today is to be 78 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 81 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy and windy., Thursday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Friday is to be 69 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 65 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week. No rain in the forecast for the next week. And we really need rain!

More Later..

I took my walk at 7:30AM this morning and while I was doing that after 8:00AM, I called the Main Street Repair Shop. I got Josh's brother and told him my Honda Civic was the one that had been towed into his parking lot. I also told him where the key to it was located and what I was sure was wrong with it...the starter.. He said he would check it out. I got back at 8:10AM and put the trash bag in the dumpster. It had been emptied. I put mine away and also Stephen's. I also took the mail I had stamps for and to be mailed and dropped it in the inside post office box. I need to go back up there with my debit card and buy more stamps. I used all I had on hand for the ones I mailed this morning.

Today was Columbus day so the post office was closed.

I walked up to Caney Pharmacy at 2:00PM and got my first shingles shot. She put it in my left arm since I had had the flu shot in my right arm at the doctor's office last week,  The doctor's office had renewed my two prescriptions without me having to call and ask Lora to do it. That's a first.

I noticed a smaller white cat came and ate the rest of Blondie's food later in the day. That's a new one. It looks like a small lighter edition of Blondie and Scruff. It might be one of her kittens. It will be interesting to see if it comes back today to eat again.

I finished my book and took it up to the library drop box and dropped it in.

I took my bath shortly before 7:00PM and since it was such a stressful day, I went to bed early.

 

No comments: