Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sunday and Church

I will go to church today even though my rider's side mirror is broken. I pulled out of the garage yesterday and scraped the rider's side mirror and broke it. Now tomorrow I will need to take it up to Josh's and get it replaced. I cut a piece of paper to cover it and taped it in place until I can get it replaced. It's always something..it seems.

I slept fairly well last night. With the sleeping pill I thought I would sleep very well but I was concerned about the mirror and couldn't get it out of my mind. 

I got up at 5:00AM and am drinking some coffee so I can clear my mind.  I dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I hope nothing else catastrophic happens. I have had it with these things.

I checked outside to see if Blondie was out there but he isn't there yet. At least he wasn't 15 minutes ago. I will check again in a minute.

Sure enough..this time Blondie was there so I got his food and fed him. After he was full, he left.

I watched the weather channel for awhile and then finished my breakfast bar and the weather forecast came on. Here it is...Today is to be 74 degrees and and mostly sunny,  Monday is to be 80 degrees and  partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 76 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 69 degrees and PM showers, Friday is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 63 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week...one day of showers and that is Thursday.

More Later..

The little white cat is out there now. I gave it the remaining dry cat food. I will need to go to Dollar General and buy some more.

I have the coffeecake baked and iced with the glaze. It's only 8:09 AM now. That's what both the computer and the phone says. My watch says 8:14AM so it's a little fast....5 minutes fast.  I tried to set it but that's as far as I could get it to go.

I went on to church at 10:00AM for the breakfast. There were 11 there for the service which was one of the "Beyond the Walls" videos.  John was in charge and with the help of Karan's grandson, Cameron, they got it done.

It was alright but I would have preferred one of Karan's sermons.  They are always good. But with Karan's computer with the theme down, Leslie gone and Johnna out of the picture with her recent grandchild, and Kelly's grandchild due any minute it was o.k. to use it.

It's 2:44PM and I have been reading one of my library books this afternoon. I need to mow but I am just not up to it.

More Even Later...

2 comments:

Kay said...

Ouch on the side mirror. I remember when my daughter was younger and took out first our left side mirror and then a few months later, the right side. Sigh...

Have a wonderful week, Margie.

Galla Creek said...

My friend came and bagged my walnuts. He sells them. He said his wife feeds so many cats that the food costs them $400.00 a month. I thought of you. I hope you don’t have to spend that much. His wife must be feeding lots of stray cats.