Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thursday and Decorating for Christmas

I slept poorly again last  night. I was awake several times during the night. I took my two meds one of those times. I finally just gave up and got up, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I began my Christmas decorating yesterday afternoon..I am a long way from finished.

Finally I opened the front door to find 'small' Blondie waiting for his/her breakfast. I still haven't determined the sex of that small one. I took four bowls out for the five cats I am feeding nowadays and one bowl of water for them all. There's Blondie, small Blondie, the grey cat, the black cat and the snow white cat. That's a bunch! 

The large older Blondie is out there now too.

I also caught "the  weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 65 degrees and mostly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be  66 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 59 degrees and rain, Monday is to be 56 degrees and  showers, Tuesday is to be 49 degrees and partly cloudy and Wednesday is to be 54 degrees and sunny. They keep forecasting rain but I don't see much of it....maybe this week!

I took my walk about 7:35AM and picked up quite a bot of trash along the way and put the sack in my trash container when I got back home. 

In a little while I will take my blood pressure cuff up to the Caney Drug and see if they can figure out what the problem is. I changed out the batteries but I am not sure if I have the correct size. The ones that were in there were AAs and I had double AAs and they were not expired...in fact they had not even been taken out of the original  box. I had to open the box to try them. But they did not work. They must be some kind of special kind of double AA's..

More Even Later... 

I bought some new AA batteries for the  blood pressure device and it worked but was well off the range of health. It needed to be recalculated.I drove over to Coffeyville's Walmart where I bought the cuff and went to the pharmacy department of Wal Mart to see if one of the pharmacists could recalculate the device. Neither of them knew how. One of them did get me a phone number for the device.  Then I decided to call Stephen and see if he could call that number and see if they could instruct him in how to recalculate the device.  He had me meet him at the Coffeyville hospital emergency department, where he is the manager of the emergency room. I drove into the emergency room parking lot and he came out to get the device.

I hope he can get that done or I will have to buy a new blood pressure device.

I am going to read awhile and do some more Christmas decorating at a later time.

I heard from the company that investigated my blood pressure cuff problem and they are replacing it as soon as they receive it back in the mail. It will cost me $11.00 and the postage to send it to Georgia.

What a great deal! Stephen, my landlord helped me this afternoon.  I had taken the blood pressure cuff to him to check out with that company and he did everything he could and it helped a lot! It will be fully warranted.

It's 5:37PM so I will go watch the CBS news now.

 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

You are so kind to feed and water the cats. See if the city or county can catch and spay them. The younger ones might be not so feral yet and adoptable, even though they've adopted you! Linda in Kansas

Donna. W said...

Maybe you put a battery in upside down? I'm always doing that. Then I take it to Cliff and he sees what is wrong.