Thursday, July 4, 2024

Thursday and Dinner at John and Leslie's Home

I slept well last night although I was hot from time to time and then  finally turned on the air. We are getting new air conditioners since ours are slowly dying and not cooling well at all..They will be on the truck tomorrow and sometime next week they will be installed. I am looking forward to having good cooling again this summer.

I opened the front door to five cats. Four of them were black kittens and one, Blue, is a black adult cat and one of the kittens was blond like Blondie. I took four bowls out to them and they have been eating...all five of them. I will need to buy some more wet cat food when Dollar General opens at 8:00AM.

Leslie texted me yesterday that John was doing much better. I was delighted that he had improved. His foot had become infected again. They drained it again on Monday. He had a very bad night on Monday. But by yesterday it was much better. I have been praying for him. I hope all the prayers of his family and friends continue to help. He has been through so much!

I also saw "the weather on the 8's" and here it is: Today is to be 92 degrees and PM thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 83 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,  Monday is to be 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 89 degrees and  partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 89 degrees and PM thunderstorms. That's the week! Lots of hot weather and four days of rain. Today, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday!

More Later...

I went up to Dollar General when it opened and bought some groceries. That included that potato chips Leslie asked me to bring to their hamburger fry this evening at 5:00PM or so for their 4th of July hamburger fry and the homemade ice cream she is going to make..Leslie makes great homemade ice cream!

I also bought another box of 10 wet cat food. They have gone through quite a few of these. Of course, I am feeding 5 cats at least once a day...sometimes twice! 

I watered the flowers in the yard and when I finished the three books I had checked out at the Caney Library, I took them up to the Book Drop and dropped them in.

More Later..



 

No comments: