Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time Out!

Oh Boy! Now McCain wants a time out to go back to Washington to work on the bail out mess. Why would he do it this time? He hasn't been around for months. What can he do now, outside of using his Keating Five experience to dig himself in even deeper. Obama has a seventeen point lead today according to CNN.

No one believes John McCain can do anything in this mess but muddy the water. There is a committee working on this solution and neither candidate is a member of that committee. And what a dirty trick he played today in not returning Obama's 8:30 AM call and instead calling a news conference himself and trying to use the crisis to preempt the Democratic candidate. McCain just cannot act honorably. He had to turn a genuine offer into a photo opt opportunity to his supposed political advantage.

Why bail out Wall Street? The government needs to make loans to these companies and not simply bail them out. Make them pay back the loans and with interest too. Stockholders should not be paid until the American people's loans are repaid.

No one believes the president anymore. He has always tried to play the "fear" card. That's how he got elected in the last election. His address this evening is immaterial. He clutched the podium so hard it was obvious he was terrified. His administration caused this crisis with the elimination of all responsible regulation over these greedy companies.

This is the letter I sent to my both my senators and my representatives:

"I am not in favor of bailing out Wall Street with a $700,000,000,000 bailout. If we do have to assist them, I recommend that we loan them the money and insist they pay the loan back..with interest. Before any stockholders receive dividends, the loan must be repaid.

These people brought this catastrophe on themselves and on us, and we, the tax payers, should not have to bail them out, free of any charge.

The CEO's running the companies involved, should get very limited salaries and absolutely NO golden parachutes. If they are found to be negligent, they should be fired and replaced with another person who will act responsibly.

Under no circumstances should they be given a free pass. Even a loan is already way too much of a "get out of jail free" pass."

6 comments:

Sansego said...

I don't believe it. I think McCain's afraid to debate Obama. I really hope that he doesn't show up to the debate because Obama plans to. It'll make McCain look like a coward and Obama will be able to look presidential as he answers every question.

McCain is panicking because the polls have swung widely in Obama's favour now. The only thing that can possibly save McCain is a terrorist attack, but that might even backfire. October is going to be the scariest month of our lives. Each day could bring an unwelcome surprise, such as a domestic terrorist attack.

Margie's Musings said...

I think you're right, Nicholas. I too believe he is trying to get out of the debate and he wants to move it to the date for the vice presidential debate. You can se he knows Biden will demolish Sarah. She is no match for him.

Judy said...

I think McCain is afraid to debate Obama also, so he is trying to get out of it this way. He is not a speaker or a debater. Your letter says it all, Margie.

Clara....in TN said...

I wish I could have said it as well. You speak my thoughts as though they came out of my mouth.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, folks. I am just so disgusted that I have to vent.

Beth said...

Well said, Margie! And I concur.