Friday, August 21, 2009

A Day Passed Quickly

Some days seem to do that.

Yesterday we took our daughter to lunch. Afterward I went to the doctor. It was the first time in several years. I seldom have anything wrong physically. My right foot has begun to swell on top and every day for several weeks it has done this. It makes me limp. Melissa, my doctor, had her lab take some blood to make sure it wasn't gout and then sent me out to the hospital for some x-rays. She wants to rule out some kind of stress fracture. She thinks it is probably a broken blood vessel but then again, there's no discoloration. It's just a mystery. A broken vessel will not show up on x-ray. I need to be able to stand on my feet, because I will need to go back to work next year. We are running out of savings and the taxes on our house are skyrocketing since the 2007 flood that took out the entire east side of the city.

When I finally got home, Bob wanted to go eat out at Sirloin Stockade. I wasn't particularly hungry but humored him. I just had a salad.

When we got home again, I had a message on my machine. An old friend called to say his father had passed away. Louie was 68. I called the number left on the machine and talked to Louie's wife, Sylvia. He had died in the Bartlesville hospital of bacterial pneumonia at 1:00 PM. He also had congestive heart failure. They plan to have graveside services on Monday if the funeral people can work that out. Bob and I will attend.

Then Scott called. He and Taresa had a confrontation over one of his girl "friends" from the past year calling him. He hasn't seen anyone else since Taresa came back to him but she has no trust. I am afraid the relationship is not going to work without trust. She has no job and he has been paying her debts. I don't know what she will do. He is beside himself with grief. She took off in her car and evidently did not come back. He talked to me on the phone for an hour before he finally took an Ambian and fell asleep.

I went to bed at 9:30 and fell asleep right away but woke at 1:30 with all this running through my mind. I finally got back to sleep about 3:00.

No comments: