Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Misty Day

Well, once again it has misted all day.

We cleaned house this morning.

It is John's birthday. John is our daughter, Leslie's, husband. He is 55 today. We bought him a "fish" thermometer for outside his garage and gave him a check to pick up one of those rockers at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Joplin. He was delighted with that. We intend to buy one for our daughter for her Christmas. Now that they have a porch..they can sit out there and rock.

Then Bob and I came home and ate lunch and went to the market. We are having a cook out at church after the services Sunday and I bought the meat and buns.

Wednesday, I will pick up Cyndi at 9:00 and we will go to Wichita back to see her doctor. She has an infection in the bone where the pit bull dog bit her in May. They are infusing her intravenously with an antibiotic to combat it. What a mess. And the people who owned the dog's insurance company is fighting paying her medical bills.

Tomorrow, I will go sit with my sister while her husband goes to eat breakfast with his friends.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, What a great gift. I love those rockers at Cracker Barrel. Wish I had a porch to put one on and rock. I am scared to death of Pit Bulls. What a terrible thing to have to go through. I am glad your Scott is happy. I think sometimes we worry too much about our kids. They make us think they are in stress and we worry and they have forgotten all about it or at least mine are like that!

Margie's Musings said...

I agree, Judy. Unfortunately, son Keith has a terrible dilemma. His wife filed for divorce today and her reasoning was, "as long as we are married, the state of Arizona will not pay for my schooling."

That hurt.

Balisha said...

I love those rockers. I have a JFK rocker in my living room...not really comfortable, but good for the back. She has an infection in her leg from a dog bite in May?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, the infection worked it's way into the bone and now they are having to infuse her with antibiotics. It has never healed properly and even after she had weeks and weeks of physical therapy, it swelled every night and hurt terribly. That's when she went to Wichita and had the tests that revealed the infection.