Friday, September 18, 2009

Worked Hard Yesterday

It was a lovely day yesterday so I decided to do some light tree trimming. The weeping willow was weeping so badly I was having trouble getting under it to mow so I trimmed a bunch of it away.

Then I was on a roll. I decided to trim up the rose of sharon as well. Bob had trimmed it all on one side and it was out of balance so I evened it up. The oldest rose of sharon was clear to the ground and I couldn't mow at all under it so I took all the lower branches off it too. Finally I weeded the front flower bed and mowed.

I was really tired last night. I hope the trash haulers will pick up all those branches. I crammed them into an old trash barrel.

My brother-in-law came by last evening and borrowed a table. He is having a garage sale today and tomorrow. I am so proud of him for the way he is taking care of my sister.

We will go by their place this morning and see what all they are getting rid of. My sister does not like to get rid of anything so he will have to argue with her about that. He wants a new TV and I see by their ad in the paper that he is selling the old one. It dates back to the early eighties.

No comments: