Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, I heard from our granddaughter, Christina, this morning. She will not be able to make it for Christmas. She's sick. Poor girl...she will be all alone at Christmas. I did not encourage her to come on though because I don't want anyone else to get sick. That leaves us 10 for Christmas...Bob and me, John and Leslie, Jeromy and Marlene, Jeff and Cyndi and Scott and Becky.

I will make my salad tomorrow morning after I get the pies in the oven. Our dinner is at 1:00.

I am pretty shot down today. Slinky got me up three times in the night and Missy slept on my legs so they were numb. At 5:15, Slinky barked. He wanted his cinnamon toast. I guess I should have come in and told him to hush but I was ready to get up by then. I had my best night's sleep between 4:15 and 5:00 and before 11:30.

I will make potato soup for supper this evening. We will have cheese and crackers with it.

Keith plans to spend Christmas with a friend. At least he won't be alone. He is certainly in a mess. If he can just hang in there until April, he will be out from under the lease and can get his own place.

I did go to Independence yesterday morning and picked Juanita up. She doesn't see well enough to drive when it's rainy. She was heartsick. She had lost her large diamond ring. She and her family have searched the house over and they could not find it. Surely it will turn up. She is sure she lost it at home sometime after Monday. She had it on in the beauty shop on Monday. I gave her the coffeecake I made. I also gave her some of my peanut clusters. I took some to my beautician, Carol, too.

One more day until Christmas. Then Saturday we will take down the Christmas decorations at church. Later that day, I will put mine away.

No comments: