Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day After Christmas

It was a truly wonderful Christmas! We all missed Keith but hoped he had a good time too with his friend.

We are supposed to go out to church this morning to take down the Christmas decorations but I cannot get our little car out of the driveway. If it warms up enough I will try to get out there and dig the snow out of the drive. I don't think I can get the drive cleared enough to get out though because it rained, froze, sleeted, and then snowed so even if I get the snow off, the drive will still be treacherous.

Slinky got me up twice last night to go out. How he hates this snow! Before last year he didn't even know snow existed. He was born and raised in Hawaii and lived his middle years in Georgia. It was only after he came to Missouri and Kansas that he saw snow. He hates it. He seems happy right now and is taking a nap.

Bob is not up yet. I made a pot of the flavored coffee that my sister and brother-in-law gave us for Christmas. This is cinnamon nut and is really good. I don't know how Bob will feel about it. We will see.

I got the white laundry out of the dryer and hung up and folded this morning and have run the dishwasher. The kitchen is clean right now. I will put away the dishes before breakfast.

More later:

I went out to the church with Bobby and Karan in their 4 wheel drive truck. Leslie was already there and had many of the decorations down. Karan and I arranged them in various plastic boxes and labeled the boxes. Leslie had cleared most of the walk in back before we arrived. Bobby finished clearing the walks and even the one in front which had been iced up tight. Then he dug Leslie's car out where she was stuck in a snowdrift. Afterward, we drove into town and ate at El Publito. I'm not much on Mexican food but I was with Karan and Bobby so there wasn't much I could do about it but go.

Leslie still needs to get three large plastic boxes. We stacked the ones we had in the junior classroom and will put them in the sheds out back after the snow melts. What a mess! It took about two hours with the four of us working on it

I got out this morning and dug out the entrance to the drive for Bobby and Karan where the city cleared the street but they piled up a foot of snow in the entrance to our drive.

John came about 2:00 and brought my Christmas gift..that lovely trellis that he built for me. We put it in the carport until spring.

Later this evening, he went out to church with his tractor and blade and cleared the parking lot. Good for John! Now we can have church tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas Margie. I did as well. Your trellis sounds great. I am now ready for spring and working in the yard! I guess you all got the weather we usually have here. It rained here on Christmas Eve and was in the 50's on Christmas Day.
I think it is funny that Slinky does not like snow. That dog is Southern through and through. lol.
He wants some southern sunshine to pep him up! Have a great week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. It snowed here Christmas Eve and was a mess on Christmas.

Have a Happy New year!