Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowy Icey Sunday

We canceled church today. We got an additional four inches of snow with freezing rain on top of that. We are located in the country and our parking lot is graveled. We would probably get stuck in there. I am not too sure if anyone would come anyhow with this weather.

So, it will be another boring day. Thank goodness for the computer. I can blog and read the news and post on my church's web board anyhow. Even that gets old after awhile.

Slinky got me up at 4:00 to go out. Oh, he really did not want to go out but he needed to badly. So I let him out but then right back in. He has moved his sleeping place just in front of the sink..it's an inside wall with no draft.

Missy got me up at 4:30 wanting out. I ignored her. She scratched on the bed skirt and jumped up on me but I ignored her. She finally settled for the window. When I got up at 5:15, she finally went out..for about three minutes. Then she figured out why I did not get up and let her out.

At 7:00 this morning I called everyone in the congregation to cancel church. Now everyone can sleep in if they would like.

More later:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I checked back several days ago and read about the CT scan and did not leave a comment but was glad to hear they think it is not cancer. It has been boring here, too. It was 6 degrees this morning with a windchill of 3 below and no change in sight for us. I try to stay busy but there is only so much you can do. I am already getting cabin fever. I have been looking at gardening books and dreaming about spring!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Judy. I do not like winter. In fact, there's nothing about it I like.

Thanks for the concern about Bob. I hope the antibiotics will clear up the swelling.