Friday, June 4, 2010

Busy Friday

I've been puttering all morning. I watered the plants and fed and watered the dog and the cat, pulled a few weeds, cut a few weeds, put away some pieces of boards that Bob had left out. I looked over the shed and the garage and both will have to be thoroughly cleaned and organized. I swept out the garage and swept off the patio and walks. I have my work cut out for me...that's for sure. I will wait to start though after the kids are all gone and I am alone again. I pick up Keith this afternoon and Christina will be coming on Saturday sometime. Jerod is supposed to come but no one seems to know when. He was supposed to have come into St Louis where his dad could pick him up. Instead he appears to have made his reservations for Tulsa and I guess his dad will still have to pick him up. I can't leave tomorrow with Christina coming.

I slept better last night. I took one of those little teeny pills and they worked. I hate to rely on meds to sleep though. My philosophy is if you work hard enough, you will sleep. But that does not seem to be working. Last night I was concerned about Jerod's coming. Finally, I gave up and took the pill.

Leslie will get off at noon and drive up with me to Wichita to pick up Keith. That's good.

More later...

We picked up Keith at a little after 4:00 in Wichita and then went to Applebeas for dinner. None of us had eaten. We took Leslie back to her work where she had left her car and came on home. We stopped at Brahms where he got a milk shake. He couldn't eat much of it though so he put it in the freezer.

The notices for the service was in both papers so I will keep them for John. He is getting a bereavement day off for the service.

Keith went to bed at 10:00. I don't know whether he can sleep or not. I told hiom to take one of my pills but he didn't want to do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I am glad you finally got some sleep. I don't like to take anything either but sometimes we just have to in order to get some rest. I know you are busy, busy, but it is good you are leaving some things to do after everyone is gone. Your weekend is going to be filled with friends and family. Love and hugs and thinking of you and your family at this time.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I really appreciate that.